help finding a Balanced Dac to pair with THX 789 for $250 ish
May 13, 2020 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

n3gativ3

New Head-Fier
ive been looking at buying a new balanced dac just haven't been able to decide on which to buy

I've looked at the
Grace designed balanced sdac
Su-8 v2
Enog2
La-qxd1
and some others

currently, it will be used with a thx 789 and CA andromedas or argon mk3 if it matters

just wondering if anyone has used any of these or any others and would recommend one

thanks

May 13, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 3
My SU-8 is the first version, I think, but I love it - clean and accurate. If I want to shake things up a little, the "sound" menu is sweet - the various modes (tube 1, rich 2, crystal 3, etc.) add just a little subtle flavor to make things interesting. Or if that's not your thing, just leave it in standard mode and enjoy as is.

I've heard great things about the Geshelli Enog balanced. I haven't experienced it, but I do have an Archel2 Pro amp, which is terrific. Geshelli's customer service is outstanding.

Good luck and have fun!

May 13, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 3
ive been looking at buying a new balanced dac just haven't been able to decide on which to buy

I've looked at the
Grace designed balanced sdac
Su-8 v2
Enog2
La-qxd1
and some others

currently, it will be used with a thx 789 and CA andromedas or argon mk3 if it matters

just wondering if anyone has used any of these or any others and would recommend one

thanks
ya the su-8 v2 was the dac i was leaning towards the most

thanks for the input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back