Help Finding 2.1 Setup ~$350
Nov 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Buckweb

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to purchase a 2.1 setup for 100% music use. I want to go beyond typical "computer speakers." My budget is more or less $350. I mostly listen to Hip-Hop with the occasional Dubstep thrown in. The music may be played at relatively high volumes. I have no related equipment and would be willing to buy anything, whether it be an amp/receiver and speakers or just a set of powered speakers and a sub. I would be willing to purchase the speakers now and possibly add a sub later.

Please make your recommendations or ask further questions. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 2
Your budget is pretty tight. If you are looking for more than computer speakers that requires an amp or reciever and that could run you 75-100 on ebay, a powered sub will run another 100 for something halfway decent and that is not including shipping speaker wire and bookshelf speakers. I would recommend a set of Klipsch promedia 2.1 they can be had on ebay for around 130.00. I have a set and can tell you they get loud with some good bass for a 6 1/2" woofer. If you scour thrift shops...yard sales and salvation army or goodwill you could probably piece together a full "stereo 2.1"...good luck in your quest and you will be happy with the Klipsch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back