Help deciding E1DA 9038S or 9038D to pair with my first IEM's!
Apr 18, 2021 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Dbaart

New Head-Fier
Hey all! I decided on my first IEM's - the Mangird Tea's. I am planning on getting either the E1DA 9038D or the 9038S. D is unbalanced 3.5 mm, S is balanced 2.5 mm. I've read that this one of the only applications that balanced makes a big difference; with a portable DAC/Amp that runs on battery.
As they both can just plug into my phone, is going with the balanced option going to be more efficient on my phone's battery? Ive heard that balanced is more efficient.
Will it have an actual, noticeable effect in sound, being balanced vs. unbalanced?

My only factor is the fact that I will want to use my IEM's out of my desktop units as well as from my phone. My desktop units have 1/4 inch headphone outs (Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 or Schitt Hel).
So, I know the 3.5 option will work for those units with an adapter just fine, but what about the 2.5 balanced?? Will a 2.5 mm to 1/4 inch adapter be safe to use with these, if there is such a thing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ive been using the Grado Sr325e cans, so if anyone knows how the Mangird Tea's compare to those, let me know. I have a feeling they will be better.

Thanks Head-Fi bros and seesters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back