help: Creative Zen V Plus frozen
Oct 31, 2008 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

The Actual

Headphoneus Supremus
My creative zen v plus 16gb player is frozen...

Froze last night while I was trying to change songs, battery was almost full at the time, never had any problems in just over a year of use.
Player froze, stopped playing music, couldn't turn it off or anything. By the time I got back to my computer at work this morning the battery had appeared to run out. I plugged it in to charge, it shows a screen saying "Re-building Library" with a progress bar which went to halfway then froze for a couple hours at which point I use a paperclip to reset it. Then I get the rebuilding screen again but this time it appears to freeze at 3 or 4 percent, so I reset again, same thing happens.

that was two hours ago, what else should I try? Anyone else had problems with Creative players?
I will call and email creative of course, but it is a friday evening so I don't expect a response anytime soon.

Thank you, it has been a great player other than this.

Nov 1, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 6
thank you very much, somehow didn't find that page myself while google searching. It had a tip on how to reformat, so I did that and am now reloading all 16GBs, should take awhile but looks like everything is OK now.

I owe you one, thanks again.

Nov 24, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 6
I am still having problems with the player

reformated, reinstalled all software and firmware, still can't seem to get more than one or two GB of songs onto it without it freezing while loading songs off my computer harddrive.

creative won't help with emails or anything since it is more than 1 year old

any advice?
Creative has a consultation fee I can pay to talk with them about it....worth it?
thanks

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 6
At the risk of sounding stupid does the player have a reset button that restores it to defaults?
I know my Zen has a little button that you need a pencil lead to press that restores the player, and ipods have a button combination that does the same thing..
I wouldn't bother paying a consultation fee honestly unless you absolutely have to.

Nov 25, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #6 of 6
yep, did the pencil-lead-reset. Also accessed the "debugging" restart screen by holding down play while turning it on to reformat and reload firmware... good advice though, definitely the first place to start. Thanks.

I think what is happening is that the player actually has a bunch of songs on it but can't "find" them. I notice that when I try to browse it through windows media player (instead of the creative software or just off the desktop) it does show plenty of songs on the player...

ug, I can't believe I am having so much difficulty fixing it, I have only had it since august 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back