Help, comfort for a glasses wearer
Jun 28, 2008 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Icaarus

New Head-Fier
I am a student looking for a new at Home/Office set of headphones. Normally I use Shure SE210s with Olives but at a desk where I have to continually take them on and off they get kind of annoying.

My listening tastes normally focus on Country and Jazz. I am looking for advice on a decent pair of on ear cans at around 100-150. Preferably something that does not need an amp for an IPod. Since I am in a town with no boutiques that I am aware of I am depending on your opinions for comfort.

I have tried the Bose On ears and found them acceptable comfort wise but I was wondering if I could get a better bang for my buck? The last set of Cans I bought were the JVC HA-G55's and they are not comfortable in any way.

Thank you for any advice you may have and please feel free to ask me more questions if need be.

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #3 of 12
My HD-555s with the velor pads have been great with my glasses!

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 12
My Audio Technica ATH-AD700s are very comfortable and do not interfere with my glasses at all. I think you will find that most open headphones won't cause any problems with glasses because the clamping force is minimal.

Jun 28, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #7 of 12
Thanks for the advice, I will look into the Grados and Sennheisers. I found the JBL 410s real cheap and was wondering if they were worth it?

Jun 28, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #8 of 12
I have glasses on all the time, and all the headphones I've owned have never given me comfort problems relating to glasses.

Jun 29, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #10 of 12
All of the headphones listed (SR60, HD580, HD555, HD595, AD700) are open headphones and can be disturbing to those around you if you don't have your own office. Just something to keep in mind. I work in a cubicle with seven foot walls and I find that closed headphones are a must for me.

If you can use open cans without issue, I'd second the suggestion of SR60s with flat pads. I wore my SR80s with flat pads and glasses for years with no issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back