Help! Choosing Headphones!
May 3, 2015 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Autrei

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am looking for some new headphones in the $80 to $150 range. I like to listen to Maroon 5 and Colplay mainly. I currently have the Bose AE2 and I love the way they feel, I tried the ATH-M50X and although the sound quality is amazing  they don't fit how I want them to. I like light around ear style headphones but I have been looking at some on ear like the V-MMODA M-100's, Samsung Level On, but they aren't right. Things that are a MUST is under $160, no heavy bass, not flimsy, Comfortable for hours of use, Closed back, Things I would like 90-Degree connector at end of cord, a brand i'm familiar with (Sennheiser, Bose, Sony, Audio Technica, V-MODA) If anyone could help me out I would love it. Thanks.

May 3, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #4 of 8

Music Alchemist

Pokémon trainer of headphones
Well, I really like the Sony MDR-7506, even more than many much more expensive headphones. Only briefly heard the Sennheiser MOMENTUM (and the On-Ear), so I can't really say much about how it sounds. I own the V-MODA Crossfade LP and would not recommend it. Way too much bass quantity without the quality, and without the XL Memory Cushions, it's uncomfortable. I also only briefly auditioned the M-100, but I think it has the same fit. Those larger pads are a must. Not sure why you mentioned them, though, since they're ~$300 headphones, you don't want to buy used, and your budget is $150.

May 3, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #5 of 8

Autrei

New Head-Fier
Ive mostly just been looking, the best I can find is Samsung LEVEL on, can anyone tell me how those sound? But ive heard they are competetores to  Beats and I don't like Beats. My current headphones are going out because i am harh with them.

May 3, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #7 of 8

Music Alchemist

Pokémon trainer of headphones
  Ive mostly just been looking, the best I can find is Samsung LEVEL on, can anyone tell me how those sound? But ive heard they are competetores to  Beats and I don't like Beats. My current headphones are going out because i am harh with them.

My roommate has wireless Samsung Bluetooth headphones, but I don't know which model they are.

I also forgot to mention that ilike to fold 1 cup flat so i can only have 1 on at a time so i can her people better and i can wear headphgones longer

The Sony MDR-7506 can do that.

May 3, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #8 of 8

Autrei

New Head-Fier
Just found the Photive BTH3, really like them corded and bluetooth (Cord for PC, Bluetooth for small device) cheap, seeing good reviews, can anyone getback to me on these im liking them.

Users who are viewing this thread