Help Choosing Between Closed Portable Headphones, <$120
Nov 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NoahZ

Head-Fier
I feel like I'm constantly posting on here lately... I suppose it's because with the holiday's coming up I just can't decide what my future audio purchases will be.

If I could, I would buy an HD 25-1 II. But I can't; I really can't blow $200 on a pair of headphones right now. 

I mainly listen to rock/alternative/punk, with a mix of basically everything else besides classical and country, as well. Currently I own the Shure SE215K IEMs (which I absolutely love, but once in a while while going out I want something on-ear not in-ear) and the Ultrasone PRO 550 cans (which I also love, but I quickly realize these were WAY too big to use outside the house). So I'm looking for something smaller and more portable, but still closed, for occasions when I want the portability (or close to the portability) of my IEMs with the improved comfort of my cans.

I'm currently looking into a few pairs:

-AKG K 450
-Sennheiser PXC 250 II
-Klipsch Image One
-Phiaton PS320
-Audio Technica ATH ANC25
-Audio Technica ATH ANC1
-Audio Technica ATH WS55
-Audio Technica ATH ES55

So what might a good option be? I'd like something with a good balanced overall sound signature, though still not week in bass, that's comfortable and blocks some noise if it isn't truly noise-cancelling.

Thanks for any help!

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 2
Klipsch Image ONE are good sounding headphones(overall warm, clear sound with rich punchy bass and has fairly wide soundstage) and maybe not detailed as few orhers headphones in the list. But they sound great with these genres music and blockout most noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back