Help Choosing Between 2 IEM's
Mar 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

User80916

New Head-Fier
I need new in-ear's since my old CX-400II Precision broke about a week ago (I had them for 2 years or so)
Two choices came to mind:

- Brainwavz M2
- MEElectronics SP51

What im looking for:
- great bass (that doesnt bleed into the mids - i know extreme bass setting on SP51 might do this)
- i value good, clear mids/highs
- no distortion
- long lasting cables/housings

(p.s. klipsch x10 might be great as you reccomend but i do not want them 
redface.gif
)

[SP51 Left ] [ M2's Right]

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #6 of 9
Completely shutting out any other options? Or open to stuff other than these two?

Personally would pick the M2 over the MEElectronics. Bass bleed is there, but it's a warm glaze rather than some sort of veil. The SP51 are just muddy either way. Housings are also much more robust on the M2s, as well as the cable.

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
Completely shutting out any other options? Or open to stuff other than these two?

Personally would pick the M2 over the MEElectronics. Bass bleed is there, but it's a warm glaze rather than some sort of veil. The SP51 are just muddy either way. Housings are also much more robust on the M2s, as well as the cable.

Yeah because i always get recommended hippo vb which i cant buy in UK, or the klipsch x10 which are way over price range, if theres something similar priced and better, im all ears
smile.gif

Thanks, i think i might go for the M2 though!

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Yeah because i always get recommended hippo vb which i cant buy in UK, or the klipsch x10 which are way over price range, if theres something similar priced and better, im all ears
smile.gif

Thanks, i think i might go for the M2 though!

If clarity along with bass is sought after, could also look at the E10s. Or the new AT IEMs mentioned on the discovery thread. Have not heard the CKN70s though, but the CKN50, apparently the upper-end model is an upgrade in every sense of the word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back