Help choosing amp and dac for Audeze LCD-3 .. (WA22, WA6-SE...)
Apr 11, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #31 of 34
Ok here's an update: so after all the soul searching, indecisions and hair pulling, I have finally made the decision (quite unexpectedly) and made a start on my final system.

I have purchased the AURALiC Vega ..... It gets delivered next week!
The AURALiC Taurus mkII and the Vega were on my list from time to time but I kept taking off them due to the high price. I really wanted this combo as the reviews have been nothing but stellar, but the cost kept forcing me to look elsewhere.

Well my luck changed and I was extremely fortunate to receive an unexpected cash injection a few days ago. At the same time I happen to come across an offer on a 2 week old ex-demo Vega (box was opened to demo to a customer) at a good discounted price (£500 off!).
Taking that as a sign, I immediately purchased it as I don't think this kind of offer comes round that often. Sadly my funds didn't allow me to purchase a Taurus at the same time. That will have to wait for another 4 or 5 months. 

In the meantime I still need an amplifier to use in the absence of the Taurus. Not wanting to spend too much, I have ordered a Schiit Vali. It's very affordable and I think it will "do" for a few months.
It took a while ... a long while ... but I'm finally (almost) there. I have a great source to start me off and a well priced, decent quality amp to use it with. Eventually when I get the Taurus mkII, my journey will be complete.......... as far as getting a good system goes of course.

I wouldn't mind adding 1 or 2 more headphone(s)to my collection in the future. Maybe a HiFiMan HE-6 and/or a Sennheiser HD800???
But that will be another story ..... :)

I'd like to thank everybody who took the time to help and advice me over these months. It was all really appreciated and I'm grateful for it.

regards,

Shaka

Sep 11, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #33 of 34
This was a helpful thread, as I have the same phones and was looking for an amp as well. I ended up with a great deal on both the cans and the amp (demo units).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back