Help choosing a portable amp and/or DAC for my Android phone (less than $100)
Dec 24, 2011 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

pancakeplease

100+ Head-Fier
The source will be my Android mytouch 4g and I'm looking for a DAC/AMP to listen to music with. I sold my Ipod Classic because the Android phone does all my music. I can't possibly have all my music on 32gbs but I use Audiogalaxy to stream high quality audio off my desktop which gives me access to FLAC and my entire music collection. 

What would be the suggestion for a portable amp/dac for this setup? Less than $100. 
I'm deciding between the Fiio E7 (Amp/DAC) or a CmoyBB like this one http://www.headfonia.com/60-pack-of-awesome-jdslabs-cmoy/

From what I understand, the Fiio will cost $15 more but will have a DAC while the cmoy will not have a DAC and only will act as an headphone amp correct?

The volume of my music is comfortable at 50-60% on my phone volume so I'm not sure if getting an amp is going to be of any use. The phone itself sounds pretty good. Not as good as my computer's onboard though. 

Source: Android phone
Headphones : Shure SRH840
IEM: Triple Fi 10

I'm on a tight budget so really if the Cmoy and E7 isn't going to be much of a difference, I'd go with the cheaper one but if the DAC will make a noticeable difference, I definitely would not mind spending an extra $15 for it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back