Help choose portable headphones (Senn, AKG, Beyer ...) ?
Dec 17, 2010 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ugene

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am choosing new headphones. It has to be portable on-ears (not full). I am also planning to use them outside and in transportation. I dont have requirement, that they should be open on closed(I know the advantages/disadvantages of both solutions).I will also use them with portable player( Cowon J3), so they shouldnt be too silent. I prefer headphones with good build quality, good connector,thick cable and solid construction.

So far I had some old Koss (I think KTXPro) and mainly using in-ear Sennheiser MX660 for outside. I like to step up in sound quality with new headphones. Im listening classic and metal and I like neutral a precise sound with not so much bass.Im get used to Senn sound coloring and I quite like it.

I seached the shops and following models caught my attention:

Akg K450  ~$100
SennHeiser HD238 ~$105
SennHeiser HD228 ~$78
Sennheiser PX100-II ~$50
Sennheiser PX200-II ~$72
Beyerdynamic DT235 ~$63

Sennheiser PX210 BT ~$165 (I like the features, and heard that they are comparable to PX line).

Price limit for wired around $130.

I had chance to hear PX100-II and they were overbassed (fox same reason I didnt consider PortaPro).HD218 were under bassed and for me sounded like a listening music through blanket.Hd228 were closest in sound quality, but seemed a less vivid for my taste. I dont know which models were burned-in so the SQ can be different.I dont have and I wont have chance to test other models.

So Which model (from list or some other) will you recommend me ?

Thank for suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back