Help buying new headphones 200-dollar
Mar 3, 2013 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

xledruidx

100+ Head-Fier
Hello I have been searching this forum for a long time... and still cant seem to choose what headphone to buy as there are so many..

My experience is beats by dre(all versions from store) And my current headphone siberia v2 gaming.
I woud like some high end headphones that have good punchy bass still having ok mids and good highs.

Music i listen to b.o.b lil wayne electro house dubstep some rock and even slow music like(dj sammy were in heaven slow music)
I will drive them throught my pc(maybe im buying fiio e7/e17 or zo something) later.
I dont want anything with 250ohm preferable becouse then im forced to buy an amp this early.
Still i prefer closed cans open/semiopen are also fine.

Please advice on what you believe i shoud buy and why. if u believe u found a good headphone for more then 200dollar please tell me as i might raise my budget if a good headphone is mentioned that i believe i can like.

Headphones ive looked at while in my search is this, beyerdynamic dt 770 80 ohm, ath pro-700 mk2, ultrasone hfi 580

Thank you for your help regards jonathan.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
DT770, sparkly treble very smooth sounding. Wide soundstage good bass and super comfortable. In my top 5 for best closed headphones i have heard.

What are your other 4? :)

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #5 of 11
I can vouch for the dt770's. The Ultrasone Pro 900's might be an option for you, too. They're over budget, but they seem to be really good headphones. Reviews are somewhat mixed, but I think a lot of that is a result of them not meeting expectations at their historically high price. Recently they've been discounted quite a bit on Amazon, so they might be a good value now. I'm getting mine delivered tomorrow supposedly, so I'll know for myself then.

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

You said "In my top 5 for best closed headphones i have heard" and you listed one of them DT770 so what are the other 4 of your top 5? :)

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #11 of 11
Please post in this thread instead of posting new threads every week:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/529144/full-size-headphone-recommendations-thread-i-e-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here-please-read-op

Most of the headphones listed here won't fit your budget. You could try for an Audio Technica A900, Audio Technica M50, Beyerdynamic DT770 (older 80ohm version), Ultrasone HF780, or Brainwavz HM5. The Ultrasone pro 900 is about 50% over your budget. They run $300 used. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back