Help: Bose AE2 vs v-moda m80
Dec 2, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #16 of 38
Quote:
...if you know headphones that cost some fewer but are anyway good (obviously they are worse than m80) because i can't spend so much
frown.gif

thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

p.s. sorry for many posts but i can't edit
redface.gif

Inviato e basta.

First of all, I'd recommend looking through here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-105-portable-headphones-reviewed-bowers-wilkins-p3-added-11-11-12

You might also wanna look into something like the Ultrasone Hifi-780.
Quote:
I'm not convinced about the on-ear feature of the m-80...so i looked lp2 but you told me that they are bottom than the m-80, aren't they??
so, i have 2 questions:
1) could you tell me why they are bottom?? :) ...even if they are bottom, they are as well a very good product or no?? has it got great bass, but also good mids and highs??
2) if the lp2 aren't a very good product, do you know other headphones?? 

The LP2 has a ton of bass, and it's sometimes too much for some genres that don't need it.  The mids sound a bit unnatural and the highs are quite recessed.  It sounds great with electronic music, but not so great with most anything else.

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #19 of 38
UE6000 and the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, the Sennheiser HD25-1 II, and the Audio-Technica M50 is also good. You will find more information on them on the forums.
Thank you!! i read many great reviews about Audio Technica ATH-M 50...what do you think about them??

Inviato e basta.
are they good also to listen to music like cat stevens, adele ecc...
are they good with all kind of music, especially in that kind which has lot of bass, or simply they are good just for songs with lot of bass??

p.s. some suggested me the Shure SRH80...how are this??

do you think these two headphones can also be used also when i'm out and i listen to music by my smartphone (samsung)??

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #21 of 38
go with the m80! you won't regret it :) I have a pair of SRH440 nad they are kinda lifeless and have narrow soundstage when compared to the M80, the m80s sound great, I was also afraid the on ear design would be a problem but I find them fairly comfortable, the sound I like a lot too, they have a nice mid-forward presentation, which is great with the big amount of metal I listen to, but if I want to throw some Yelawolf or Big Chocolate at them, they are able to deliver nice punchy bass and retain the clarity of the higher register

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #22 of 38
Pietrone94

I'd say go for the V-MODA M-80 as they sound great, look stylish and have bombproof construction. Just one caveat, if you have a large head like me they can be a tight fit, so I'm selling my barely used pair as they chafe my bonce. 

Andy. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #23 of 38
Quote:
go with the m80! you won't regret it :) I have a pair of SRH440 nad they are kinda lifeless and have narrow soundstage when compared to the M80, the m80s sound great, I was also afraid the on ear design would be a problem but I find them fairly comfortable, the sound I like a lot too, they have a nice mid-forward presentation, which is great with the big amount of metal I listen to, but if I want to throw some Yelawolf or Big Chocolate at them, they are able to deliver nice punchy bass and retain the clarity of the higher register

Quote:
Pietrone94

I'd say go for the V-MODA M-80 as they sound great, look stylish and have bombproof construction. Just one caveat, if you have a large head like me they can be a tight fit, so I'm selling my barely used pair as they chafe my bonce. 

Andy. 

thank you guys but the problem is that they cost too much: 190€ :frowning2:
i found Q40 at 80€ :D
if m80 cost 100-120€ i would buy them immediately, but unfortunately they don't...
anyway, do you think the Q40 are good?? (consider that i'm not an expert :))

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

thank you guys but the problem is that they cost too much: 190€ :frowning2:
i found Q40 at 80€ :D
if m80 cost 100-120€ i would buy them immediately, but unfortunately they don't...
anyway, do you think the Q40 are good?? (consider that i'm not an expert :))

well, are you able to order online? or only locally, I have no experience with the Q40 but it has good reviews, in the sub 100 category and can happily recommend the SRH440 but they don't have much bass impact at all

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #25 of 38
Quote:
well, are you able to order online? or only locally, I have no experience with the Q40 but it has good reviews, in the sub 100 category and can happily recommend the SRH440 but they don't have much bass impact at all

i can order then online (i would order Q40 from amazon.de even if i'm from Italy :)) but i saw that m80 costs a lot as well :/ :frowning2:
...do you know a site where they are cheapest?
thanks

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #26 of 38
Quote:
i can order then online (i would order Q40 from amazon.de even if i'm from Italy :)) but i saw that m80 costs a lot as well :/ :frowning2:
thanks

well the black m80s are around $150 on amazon and the white around $175 last time I checked... but that's the US amazon, is the shipping to much?

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #27 of 38
Quote:
thanks

well the black m80s are around $150 on amazon and the white around $175 last time I checked... but that's the US amazon, is the shipping to much?
150$ are many, but i could take it...the problem is that all "european amazons" sell them around 180€...this is too much for me...also because this would be my first serious headphone. so if then i get really interested about headphones and it become a passion, i can also spend 180€ for a great headphone, but maybe it is too much for the first pair of headphone (as said, this would be my first pair)...do you agree? :)
p.s. amazon.de 170€, amazon.co.uk 140-150£, amazon.it (i'm italian) 180€ :)

Inviato e basta.

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #28 of 38
i have lp2s with an a series mp3 player and a ibasso t5 i have about 200 hours on them. and let me tell you they honestly have spoiled my ears :) i have no idea how they get such bad reviews

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #29 of 38
Quote:
150$ are many, but i could take it...the problem is that all "european amazons" sell them around 180€...this is too much for me...also because this would be my first serious headphone. so if then i get really interested about headphones and it become a passion, i can also spend 180€ for a great headphone, but maybe it is too much for the first pair of headphone (as said, this would be my first pair)...do you agree?
smily_headphones1.gif

p.s. amazon.de 170€, amazon.co.uk 140-150£, amazon.it (i'm italian) 180€
smily_headphones1.gif

Inviato e basta.

well, maybe you can take a look at the Noontec Zoro, they are on ear, less than $100 and the sound has been compared to that of the M80s. the only thing that puts me off is how similar they are to the Beats Solo

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #30 of 38
Quote:
150$ are many, but i could take it...the problem is that all "european amazons" sell them around 180€...this is too much for me...also because this would be my first serious headphone. so if then i get really interested about headphones and it become a passion, i can also spend 180€ for a great headphone, but maybe it is too much for the first pair of headphone (as said, this would be my first pair)...do you agree?
smily_headphones1.gif

p.s. amazon.de 170€, amazon.co.uk 140-150£, amazon.it (i'm italian) 180€
smily_headphones1.gif

Inviato e basta.

well, maybe you can take a look at the Noontec Zoro, they are on ear, less than $100 and the sound has been compared to that of the M80s. the only thing that puts me off is how similar they are to the Beats Solo
perfect, thank you!!
i'll keep you informed :)

Inviato e basta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back