Help! Bose ae or Bose oe?
Apr 23, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #61 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by adfinni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-large]BOSE are RUBBISH for the £££££[/size]
If you want cool looking headphones, then buy some grado sr-60's or their brother the allessandro MS-1.

Just checked the price of SR-60s in the UK. £67 to £90, depending. Wow, even worse than Canadian retail prices! At £90, replace Bose with SR-60 in the above quote.

Flame away!
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #63 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by oxymoron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just checked the price of SR-60s in the UK. £67 to £90, depending. Wow, even worse than Canadian retail prices! At £90, replace Bose with SR-60 in the above quote.

Flame away!
evil_smiley.gif

Yup mine cost me £90 and thought it was reasonable as i thought most senns were around £100 before i came onto head-fi. It's jsut typical rip off britain though. You do realise that triports over here are £120 which is ~$240

Apr 23, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #64 of 87
Yeah, our American cousins don't realize how good they have it.

On the plus side, you have Richer Sounds and Thomann, which sometimes have excellent deals. Great memories of buying clearance hi-fi from Richer Sounds when I was living the student life in Shoreditch (when you still could afford to do that). When I moved back to Canada in 2000, I bought a nice £5 suitcase and carted my £60 Eltax bookshelves as check-in luggage. They survived the trip! Of course I sold them here a couple of years later (with some regrets now... but hey that's the nature of this audio sickness).

Enjoy your SR-60s!

Apr 23, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #66 of 87
Quote:

Yes, we have been blessed in many ways.

Apr 23, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #67 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well you guys can get it for cheaper than the prices we do if you just buy off the FS forums here.

You're right about that. Unfortunately, and maybe understandably, the vast majority of the ads are CONUS only. BTW, took me a while to figure out that CONUS was not a brand of high-end cables.
tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #68 of 87
Quote:

You're right about that. Unfortunately, and maybe understandably, the vast majority of the ads are CONUS only. BTW, took me a while to figure out that CONUS was not a brand of high-end cables.
tongue.gif

Don't feel bad I didn't know what is meant either for a long time.

Apr 23, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #69 of 87
Quote:

On the plus side, you have Richer Sounds and Thomann, which sometimes have excellent deals. Great memories of buying clearance hi-fi from Richer Sounds when I was living the student life in Shoreditch (when you still could afford to do that). When I moved back to Canada in 2000, I bought a nice £5 suitcase and carted my £60 Eltax bookshelves as check-in luggage. They survived the trip! Of course I sold them here a couple of years later (with some regrets now... but hey that's the nature of this audio sickness).

Enjoy your SR-60s!

hehe ye richer sounds is pretty good even though ive never bought anything from there.

O and ive given my SR-60's to my brother as the new driver i installed is a weird older type so there is a bit of an annoying mismatch. Will fully mod the plastic casing soon and try to source another cheap driver and use them as my UBER-stealth portable cans
biggrin.gif

At home my hf-1's rule the roost, and tbh i don't ever see myself upgrading, especially once they've had the FULL treatment by larry at headphile
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #70 of 87
strangemusic;2885764 said:
I think he took one look at a model numbered/named over four digits long and fled in terror.

No surprise, I didn't even realize how horrible they sound until now. A few years back I was uneducated enough to by a pair of Triport AE, long before I started reading the threads here... I was never really in love with them, they are collecting dust for over two years now. Today, while I was swapping ear tips on my Custom-3 IEM, I spotted the Triport on the shelf, so I plugged it to the iPod to hear how they compare to the Klipsch plugs. God, what a horror show, I could not even finish one song, they had to come off. I can't believe I actually spent money on these, they sound worse than the Sony nude ex. To anyone seriously considering ANY Bo$e cans, I would recommend to check out the Sennheiser HD-595 on Amazon for more-less the same price.

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #72 of 87
'cool' design but still sounds ok?

Audio Technica Pro5 MS

552801.jpg

Alienware Ozma 7 (rebranded Ultrasone DJ1; discontinued AFAIK)

ozma7_01.jpg

Really, there are better out there OP that have 'cool' designs.

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #74 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you guys realize that this thread is two years old?
tongue.gif

Oh, I see "2007" indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back