Help bass headphones
Sep 5, 2018 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

JediMa70

500+ Head-Fier
I need help guys :)
I'm looking for low ohm, under 100, not muddy bass, strong bass headphones. There are so many and few i tried were really bad (see the muddy comment...) , possibly over ear :)

thank you

Sep 5, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #5 of 12
Sep 6, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #6 of 12
Sep 6, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #7 of 12
In that price range I've only heard the PortaPros or modded Sennheiser HD429's. The PortaPros have more midbass than subbass and are really head thumping, while modded HD 429 really bring out the bass in the subbass region, but you can tune them through the mod for more bass, but it might be a little too much (there's a modding my HD428 page around head-fi which also applies to the HD429).

The HD429's have been replaced by the Sennheiser HD 4.30i, but they have the same drivers so the methods to mod them should be the same.

Out of all those I recommend the Creative Aurvana Live! , they were the rage years back for bass headphones on the cheap and I doubt that has changed, never heard them though.

Sep 6, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #8 of 12
Philips SHL 3175
Pros:
Very high sens, bass retains considerable pressure down to 24hz. Not the fastest bass but strong. Cheap. Decent upper treble.

Cons:
Mostly on-ear while declared over-ear by manufacturer. Screamy and resonant in upper midrange and rather fatiguing. Bad spacial imaging. Vocals a bit blurry and electroguitars sound like background noise instead of detail. Very mixed impressions but may be worth a try.

Sep 6, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #9 of 12
Philips SHL 3175
Pros:
Very high sens, bass retains considerable pressure down to 24hz. Not the fastest bass but strong. Cheap. Decent upper treble.

Cons:
Mostly on-ear while declared over-ear by manufacturer. Screamy and resonant in upper midrange and rather fatiguing. Bad spacial imaging. Vocals a bit blurry and electroguitars sound like background noise instead of detail. Very mixed impressions but may be worth a try.
These ones are not available here in italy

Sep 6, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #12 of 12
Meze 99 Neo maybe? I don't really consider the bass muddy, but a little boomy opposed to tight. 23 ohms I believe
I have the Meze 99 classics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back