Help! Baffled by Earbud options
Jun 27, 2018 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

the_droid

New Head-Fier
Hey all - new member but Ive found myself on this site many times over the years and have gotten some invaluable advice here.

So, Im looking to buy a new set of earbuds. I’m aiming for something with decent bass, a removable, or at least, braided cable at an affordable price. Ive been tempted by the VE monk+, but after doing some research and reading a ton of reviews here Im completely baffled as there seems to be a proliferation of budget - mid range earbuds out there now.

At the moment I have a set of Best Ever Blue 328R, which I like, but I think Ive damaged the driver on one ear as I get a lot of rattle with certain frequencies at high volume.

Prior to the I had a pair of HiSoundAudio(TM) PAA-1 PRO’s, which I found a bit muddy and were consigned to the bin after an unfortunate tangle with my handlebars

And before that I had a pair of Yuin PK3’s, which again were OK, but were the least durable of the bunch and the cable died after about 8 months.

So, I need something in roughly the same price range (or cheaper), with the best quality sound for the price that will take a bit of punishment (approx 6 hours listening per day including commuting).

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Jun 27, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 11
I love the Shozy Cygnus but it is way above the price-points you are looking at. Would be good if you wanted to stretch. If not, I like the Edifier P180 quite a bit. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It might work.

Jun 27, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 11
Ty hi-z earbuds. They come in various impedance ratings. I have the 150 ohm version. It's the only earbuds I still regularly use. They are GOOD
download.jpeg

Jun 28, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #5 of 11
I like the look of the TY-150's, but most of my listening is done either via a smartphone or computer in work and I have HD25's for my studio and home listening - I get the feeling I may lose a lot of volume at that impedance? Have you tried them straight out of a phone?

Jun 28, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #6 of 11
I love the Shozy Cygnus but it is way above the price-points you are looking at. Would be good if you wanted to stretch. If not, I like the Edifier P180 quite a bit. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It might work.

Thanks for that. The Shozy do look very good, but might be a bit too expensive. The Edifier seems to get good reviews, but I would be concerned about durability. Is there a decent 32ohm earbud with braided/removable cable around the $50/$60 mark?

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #8 of 11
I like the look of the TY-150's, but most of my listening is done either via a smartphone or computer in work and I have HD25's for my studio and home listening - I get the feeling I may lose a lot of volume at that impedance? Have you tried them straight out of a phone?
Get the 32 ohm version. Braided cable - check. Good bass - check. About as good as it gets with a small driver from what I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back