HELP Audio Problems!! When CPU at 100%
Jul 13, 2011 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Iqbal

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I have a Xonar Essence STX connected to a DTT3500 amp which gives me my 5.1 surround, am really happy with this at the moment.

recently I overclocked my 1090t to 4GHZ and everything is stable and there is nothing wrong with my sound at all.

But when i run Prime95 to torture test my CPU, (So my cpu is working at 100%) I Start to get static sounds from my speakers but this is only when playing music.

Does anybody know what the problem is?

Thanks

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 5
ok i have narrowed it down that it happens alot when i play music with higher kbps.

its actuallly not happening that often now?
my soundcard is relatively new

Jul 13, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #3 of 5
The windows audio stack sucks.  It will pretty much always do that if you max out your CPU unless you get real serious in messing around with low level stuff and possibly disabling so many services and processes it can't do much of anything besides play music.

The best thing to do is overspec your PC so real world tasks (as opposed to programs specifically designed to be be a torture test) don't cause it very often.

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 5
ahh ok, ill check that out

In the ASIO Panel should i set the settigns to 32bit with 10ms latency?

or should i drop the latency lower and set the audio to 24 bit?

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #5 of 5
Well nothing's gonna help you if you insist on loading it down like that, but those other settings are highly hardware dependent and I can't tell you what's best with out have a nearly identical setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back