Help - Astro A40 vs Sennheiser PC360 vs Seeneiser HD 598 or other recommendations
Jun 26, 2014 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Fitso

New Head-Fier
First of all, greetings everyone!

I've been looking into a new headset/headphone system for a while now, with the main use being gaming and secondary being movies + music. At the moment I feel like through reaserch i've managed to get down to 3 pairs, it's worth mentioning that all of these choices are without any sort of AMP but a soundcard able to output DDL. My choices are:

Astro A40 without the AMP which I can get for £100
Sennheiser PC360 which I can get for £180
Sennheiser HD 598 which I can get for £150 + £10 for a mic, so £160 total.
/e A new addition is the AKG K550s for £103

My price range as you can tell is £100 - £200 so if there are any other amazing choices you guys know of feel free to mention those to but these are what i've managed to boil it down to myself. So, the question is pretty straight forward what do you guys think are the Sennheisers really that much better that it's worth nearly twice the price and if so which of the two should I get or are the Astros comparable and therefore the best overall choice here?

On top of that, what are the views on sound cards and AMPS? Is the fact I have a sound card able to output DDL enough or do I need more? I do have a fairly powerful sub with built-in AMP that I could consider using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back