Help and reccomendation selecting around ear headphones
Jan 12, 2013 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dustman27

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am look for some comfortable around the ear headphones.  I will be using this for movies, gaming, and music.  I have tried headphones in the past, and have always run into a problem with overheating, and the pressure becoming to much after an hour or so of use.  I have a somewhat big head, and I wear glasses which adds to the difficulty.

Basically I need it to meet these requirements

-Comfortable and stays cool for extended use
-good to great sound quality
-Option for a microphone attachment (preferred but not necessary)

I'm not a huge bass person, so I don't need anything to bass heavy. I recently tried V-Moda's Crossfade LP which just didn't cut it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 3
BUMP

The V-Modas are a little too bass heavy and got hot on my ears and dug into my glasses while pressing too hard on my head...

I just tried sennheiser hd 558 which turned out to be super comfortable, but I wasn't particularly with the popping bass sound when listening to music and wasn't a fan of the cheap quality of the materials used.

My budget is trying to stay at the 150-200 range but Im willing to go up to 250 or 300 if necessary.

Thanks!

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 3
I have a XXL hat size, and wear glasses, too. Does make it more difficult :)

If you want to stay cooler, you should probably be looking toward open headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back