1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Help and reccomendation selecting around ear headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by dustman27, Jan 12, 2013.
  1. dustman27
    Hi, I am look for some comfortable around the ear headphones.  I will be using this for movies, gaming, and music.  I have tried headphones in the past, and have always run into a problem with overheating, and the pressure becoming to much after an hour or so of use.  I have a somewhat big head, and I wear glasses which adds to the difficulty.

Basically I need it to meet these requirements

-Comfortable and stays cool for extended use
    -good to great sound quality
    -Option for a microphone attachment (preferred but not necessary)

I'm not a huge bass person, so I don't need anything to bass heavy. I recently tried V-Moda's Crossfade LP which just didn't cut it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. dustman27
    BUMP

The V-Modas are a little too bass heavy and got hot on my ears and dug into my glasses while pressing too hard on my head...

I just tried sennheiser hd 558 which turned out to be super comfortable, but I wasn't particularly with the popping bass sound when listening to music and wasn't a fan of the cheap quality of the materials used.

My budget is trying to stay at the 150-200 range but Im willing to go up to 250 or 300 if necessary.

Thanks!

3. cel4145
    I have a XXL hat size, and wear glasses, too. Does make it more difficult :)

If you want to stay cooler, you should probably be looking toward open headphones.