Help/Advice mostwanted...
post-7657838
Post #1 of 2

craigeos

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hello fellow Hi-Fi'ers, I purchased my Ultrasone Edition 9's (#606) with the ALO audio upgrade/ 18g silver and copper 6ft burned in on a Frydaddy for 3days; I am using the Creative soundblaster X-fi Fatal1ty champion series sound card playing 16bit 96 KHz media files.

SO! The help I would so desperatly love from Hi-Fi fans would be suggestions/advice/products to improve my audio setup.

Thank You Everyone; I cant wait to see what is posted... If anyone would enjoy to contact me directly via Email (craigeos@hotmail.com)

post-7658793
Post #2 of 2

Parall3l

lƐllɐɹɐԀ
Reaction score
I got good news and bad news for you.

Good news is, almost every head fi'er can help you to improve your set up. Bad news is its not exactly going to be cheap. From what I can see, you are definitely missing high quality amplification that your high end headphones deserve. The soundcard should enough for now ( DAC isn't going to help much in comparison to a better amp, considering your soundcard is rather high end) I doubt that the amp inside your pc is on par with the rest of your setup. There is a thread which listed the edition 9 owner's amps. 

edit: I just realized that considering the amount of money you already spent on your headphones, an amp isn't going to be expensive for you. 

edit 2 : O yeah, forgot to give you a link 
 http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/242461/ultrasone-edition-9-owners-amp-registry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)