Help a NOOB in selecting Headphones !! Please !!
May 6, 2013 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mandyk90

New Head-Fier
Hi! Im a complete noob ! I came to site by mistake but I decided to take a look around and was amazed by the knowledge about headphones of some of the guys ! Wow ! 
And now I want help in selecting headphones ! And i honestly cant tell much difference in them ! After hours of surfing on the net I had selected Audio-Technica ATH-M50.. But turns out they are too expensive in my country! I live in India and my budget is about 7-8 K ! So please suggest some good headphones in about that range ! Thanx a lot !! You would helping a lot !And one more thing I would be using them for music and not for gaming.

May 6, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #2 of 9
7-8k, how much is that in dollars? What music do you listen to, what sound signature do you prefer?

May 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #3 of 9
That's around 125-130 USD. And my music is generally limited to the usual rock, r&b and pop. I also listen to house music. And sorry but I dont undersrand what you mean by house signature.

May 6, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #4 of 9
He means do you like a flat, neutral sound or more colored...ie heavier bass or more sparkle to the treble. You want a closed hp that is for portable use? 

May 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #6 of 9
There are several hp's that I think you'd like. Consider the tried and true Beyer dt770. Very comfy, good bass and makes a decent portable. You can probably grab a used pair from the forums here for around your price point. 

gL!!

May 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #8 of 9
How about the Creative Aurvana Live!? It get lots of good testimonials here on head-fi: http://www.head-fi.org/products/creative-aurvana-live-headphones

May 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #9 of 9
Sony xb-500 
size]

Not the highest fidelity (sound quality), though. But they have plenty of bass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back