Hellp me choose some headphones.
Dec 31, 2008 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

auron990

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a set of headphones to fulfill my needs. I plan to use these headphones to play games and watch movies on my ps3, musical ability of the headphones is not too important. I will be using an astro mixamp as a receiver. I am more of a casual gamer so I'm not looking for good competitive gamer headphones. I'm willing too spend no more than $200-$300. Also I do not have an amp, but I may get one if I start to get more into this stuff. Some ideas and recommendations would be appreciated.
Also I cannot decide between open of closed headphones. I like the isolation of closed phones, but I like to be aware of my surroundings, like in case someone breaks into my house.

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 3

Menisk

100+ Head-Fier
If you don't care much about the musical ability you can probably get what you want for far cheaper than $200. If you're happy to spend that much and might possibly start using them for music I'd recommend some Senns. 555s and 595s can be used unamped but will sound ALOT better with an amp. I'm sure someone who know AKGs better can recommend something from that team.

Users who are viewing this thread