Helloween remasters
post-187014
Post #1 of 2

kelly

Herr Babelfish der Übersetzer, he wore a whipped-cream-covered tutu for this title.
Reaction score
Helloween is my favorite of all euro-prog-metal bands and has been for some time now. If you haven't listened to them yet, here's your chance.

Apparently, the entire collection is being remastered and rereleased. For now, a compilation entitled "Treasure Chest" has been released. This is a two-disc set, normally, but some editions include a third disc with b-sides from various singles. Go with the special edition route if you can, Helloween's b-sides tend to be very good.

I cannot tell you how great it is to hear songs like "Ride the Sky" and "How Many Tears" sounding as good as they do on this compilation.

I'd encourage anyone interested in this type of music to pick up the entire library but the compilation may be less of a risk for you and if you get the version with the Hidden Treasures disc, it will not be a redundant purchase if you decide to go on to buy the individual albums.

Amazon's price is fair if you can stomach the guilt of buying from them.

post-187056
Post #2 of 2

DarkAngel

DarkAngel's a man, baby!
Reaction score
I still have my Helloween "keeper of the keys 1 & 2" and saw that treasure chest set, which I almost considered getting. However my tastes have moved away from the Euro power metal and I actually sold all my Gamma Ray Cds recently.......still plan on keeping "keys 1,2" but don't listen enough to warrant buying remastered set. Looks like you get a good deal with 14-15 tracks on each CD, I also would look for the import with the 3rd CD that has 11 extra tracks.

Kai Hansen certainly has been a prolific musician between Helloween and Gamma Ray, has produced a lot of work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)