Hello!
Apr 29, 2004 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

robinje

100+ Head-Fier
I've been a Head-Fi lurker for a while, so I thought I'd introduce myself. When I was a youngster in the 80's, I always dreamed of building up a nice audiophile system. Well, as time went on and I went off to college, I sort of put those aspirations off for a while. Recently, I've rekindled those flames! Being married and having a young son, my most opportune time for listening is away from home during breaks at work. So, I thought getting into headphone listening would be best for me... at least for now! I've gained much insight from these forums and have recently acquired a set of Etymotic ER-4Ps, an Apple iPod 15GB, a Headroom Total Airhead, and a Tivoli Model CD player. To further enhance my office listening pleasure, I just ordered a Meier HA-1 Mk II, a pair of Grado RS2s, and some DiMarzio interconnects. I "SHOULD" now be set for in-office and portable listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, I just thought I'd say "Hi."
orphsmile.gif

Apr 29, 2004 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 11
Heh, well you certainly are showing the right spirit, that's a lot o gear to start off with!
biggrin.gif
Glad to have you posting!

Apr 30, 2004 at 5:25 AM Post #4 of 11
Welcome to the money pit! How do you like that Tivoli CD player?

Apr 30, 2004 at 9:11 AM Post #6 of 11
Willkommen zur Armut.

That being said, enjoy your stay!

(-:Stephonovich:)

Apr 30, 2004 at 9:13 AM Post #7 of 11
"Come into my parlour!" said the spider to the fly....
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #8 of 11
Robinje,

Welcome to headfi. I only joined this year myself and I find it an amusing place to hang out, as well as being a great place for comment, information and views on headfi gear - and lots more.

I hope you enjoy it here.

Apr 30, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #9 of 11
Keep in mind that I have no other CD players which to compare (iPod is my only other source), but I really like my Tivoli Model CD. It sounds great and has been reliable. It's got a built in variable heaphone output and gold plated RCA outputs (which I prefer for connecting to my headphone amp). The cherry cabinet looks cool in a sort of retro/furniture way. The plastic front and rear panels are okay with me. Overall, it's really a very basic unit but performs well for me.

CHEERS!
k1000smile.gif

Jim

Apr 30, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #10 of 11
Cool, how do CD-Rs work with it? During the beginning of production, I heard that there were problems with the Tivoli CDP not reading them. I'm pretty sure the problems would've been fixed by now, but just looking for a confirmation.

For a lurker, you sure have a lot of stuff.
smily_headphones1.gif
I hope your wallet doesn't go through much more pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back