Hello Todd im after Grado Flat Pads
May 5, 2004 at 3:06 AM Post #16 of 36
Funny how everyone experiences things differntely--I think the flat pads are the best for comfort but the absolute worst for sound. I hate what they do to the bass, the highs, the tonal character of the midrange and the transparency but I think they are comfortable as all heck compared to the modded senns or reversed/regular bowls.
tongue.gif

Anyway most people love the sound of the flat pads so make sure to try them--along with all of the other pad combinations--no matter which Grados you own.

May 5, 2004 at 6:50 AM Post #17 of 36
Hey Todd,
How much would shipping be to Denmark? $10 as well? Do you also have the hd414 unmoded pads?
Cheers,
Rasmus

May 5, 2004 at 7:10 AM Post #18 of 36
I like the Flat pads for the bass energy they allow the grados to generate. Good for certain kinds of music.

I like the vwap pads for anything that is not pop/hip-hop/rap and bass heavy music...

I have all possible pads...bowls, grado flats, vwap flats, sennheiser pads, comfies...

Everything finds a use in my setup. Each has its plus and minus...

May 10, 2004 at 8:43 AM Post #19 of 36
Recieved my flats this morning from Todd all the way across the atlantic and Wow! These really are one of the best £18 ($30) i've ever spent! The difference in sound is unbelieveable, it really does sound like a different pair of headphones and the bass ... Oooff very nice
rs1smile.gif

May 10, 2004 at 9:11 AM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpemba Effect
Recieved my flats this morning from Todd all the way across the atlantic and Wow! These really are one of the best £18 ($30) i've ever spent! The difference in sound is unbelieveable, it really does sound like a different pair of headphones and the bass ... Oooff very nice
rs1smile.gif

Mpemba Effect,

Glad you like your Flats from Todd, I also bought 2 pairs from Todd for my RS-1's and 225's, they do make a big improvement, and are worth their price for the sound improvements.

Best wishes,

Paul

May 10, 2004 at 9:34 AM Post #21 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harty
Mpemba Effect,

Glad you like your Flats from Todd, I also bought 2 pairs from Todd for my RS-1's and 225's, they do make a big improvement, and are worth their price for the sound improvements.

Best wishes,

Paul

Thanks Paul, I'm currently rediscovering my music collection. I'm definately going to have to pickup a few more pairs of these for the years to come just in case grado discontinues them for good
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2004 at 9:39 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpemba Effect
Thanks Paul, I'm currently rediscovering my music collection. I'm definately going to have to pickup a few more pairs of these for the years to come just in case grado discontinues them for good
smily_headphones1.gif

The Exchange Rates are very good at this moment in time, now is definately the best time to buy.

Best wishes,

Paul.

May 11, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #24 of 36
I bought a pair of Flats from Todd and am waiting paitently for the flat pads but would also like to try a pair of vwap flats. Where could I pick up a pair of them?

May 11, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #25 of 36
I don't think vwap makes the modified Senn pads anymore, but they pop-up on the "For Sale/Trade" forum occasionally. All you have to do is buy the Senn pads and cut a hole in them, you can dye them black if you want to be color coordinated.

May 12, 2004 at 7:49 PM Post #26 of 36
edit wrong thread

my question for this thread was how much would shipping be to australia for the flat pads.
also on the sideline does anyone know where to get HD-414 pads.
any place on ebay maybe.
Cheers
Kunwar

Jun 29, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #28 of 36
I got my flats today, and my are they wonderful.

So much bass, it's incredible. I had no idea that a different earpad could change the sound so much.

And the pads got here very, very fast. Thanks Todd!
lambda.gif

Jul 4, 2004 at 1:19 AM Post #29 of 36
Can anyone provide some information on how to make the vwap pads (and where to buy the senn pads)? I.e. size of hole to cut, dyeing instructions...

Jul 4, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #30 of 36
My flats & bowls arrived today and so far I'm enjoying the bowls more on my SR60's. The flats are dishing out too much bass for my taste......but I may get used to them.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back