Hello! I'm looking for a closed headphones. Can anyone help me?
Apr 10, 2013 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Pliskin170

New Head-Fier
Hello, i m new! I m Alessandro from Italy. Nice to be here with you!
I m looking for a closed circumaural headphone that no need an amplifier (at least i can buy a FiiO E6), with very good isolation (I listen to the music in library), the price must be 150-250$, and obvously that has a very good quality of sound!
I listen every kind of music, from Heavy metal to sounds of nature ^^! 

Searching on the web i found this Headphones:

-Custom one pro (no need amp, but i can't understand if they are good in quality and isolation)
-Bayer dinamic DT 770/80 pro (They need an amp right? FiiO E6 could be good? and the isolation?)
-Audio techinca Anc7b (the noise cancelling affect the quality? I can't understand if they need amp and about quality)
-Akg k550 (good quality, maybe don't need amp,right? and the isolation is good?)

What do you think about these? Wich is the best? Other better headphones?

Thnak you very much!!!

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #2 of 9
Help please!?!?    
frown.gif

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 9
The Klipsch M40, K550(are very good sounding and very detailed), Denon D2000 are highly recommended if you can find them because they are realy good sounding with punchy bass and realy improve with AMPs help. Denon D600(amazing sounding with punchy bass but soundstage is smaller than D2000), Sennheiser Amperior(not bassy but very detailed and fun to listen), Focal Spirit ONE( detailed and well built) and Sony MDR-R1(overall balanced and very good sounding) are highly recommended

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #5 of 9
Hello, Allesandro
I was in a very similar situation several months ago and being in a smaller city in Canada, did not have access to auditon any headphones I was interested in. Long story short I got the Soundmagic hp100 and have been very pleased. They are no commercial, warm sounding but neutral with excellent detail and soundstage for a closed can. they also have great sub bass responce that is defined not sloppy.I chose these over the k550 due to the k550 eputation for not sealing well unless you have a large head. Please read all the reviews on the HP100 before making your decision, they are very good but lesser known headphones. They look kinda funky but the sound is what I are about. Seriously, they blow my V moda M 80 out ofthe water, no contest yet they were priced very similar.

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 9
From your list I highly recommend the Custom One Pro. They look good (are customizable), sound great, and the adjustable bass sliders can turn the headphones into a fully closed back headphone for isolation at the library, or into a semi open design with better bass response.

The Sony MDR-1R are also great.

If you want your headphones to be somewhat portable and are willing to spend about 50 bucks extra, the V-Moda M100 are amazing. Although mainly orientated to DJ and dance music, they sound awesome with any genre, are super tough, look nice and ultra portable. 

Jul 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Hello, i m new! I m Alessandro from Italy. Nice to be here with you!
I m looking for a closed circumaural headphone that no need an amplifier (at least i can buy a FiiO E6), with very good isolation (I listen to the music in library), the price must be 150-250$, and obvously that has a very good quality of sound!
I listen every kind of music, from Heavy metal to sounds of nature ^^! 
Searching on the web i found this Headphones:
-Custom one pro (no need amp, but i can't understand if they are good in quality and isolation)
-Bayer dinamic DT 770/80 pro (They need an amp right? FiiO E6 could be good? and the isolation?)
-Audio techinca Anc7b (the noise cancelling affect the quality? I can't understand if they need amp and about quality)
-Akg k550 (good quality, maybe don't need amp,right? and the isolation is good?)
What do you think about these? Wich is the best? Other better headphones?

Thomann, in Europe, has really good price on the AKG K550/551 headphones and I think they are around 32-Ohm, so I would assume they work fine plugged into any portable audio device.

DT770 Pro 80-Ohm are good bassy headphones, but the AKG K550/551 should offer better detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back