Hello, I'm Alan Partridge.
Nov 12, 2002 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
This message probably wont have relevancy to anyone else but UK members. I have an MDR-7509. I like it. I walk around with it.

I was idly leafing through the newspaper today, and happened to spot a trailer for the new I'm Alan Partridge series. It's a shot of him, smug-faced, with a cup of tea. He's wearing a headphone. What is it? I'll give you one guess
mad.gif

Nov 12, 2002 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 9
A-Ha! So you're walking around looking like Alan Partridge? Very attractive!

I like the show, sometimes BBC America show it when they're not showing bloody Changing Rooms over and over again. I swear, every time I look that's what's on.

Nov 13, 2002 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 9
It's pretty sad when you start watching shows just looking for the headphones they wear!! And worse when you actually CAN identify them!!!!! There ought to be some kinda shot we can get to innoculate ourselves whenever something new and good comes out. Maybe even put it into pill form so the wife can slip it to us in our cereal or something BEFORE we max out teh master card.

Nov 13, 2002 at 7:36 AM Post #7 of 9
With headphones, I guess it's a fairly invisible item except to us lot. I'm sure that on the Tube someplace, people will be idly looking around, spot the nerd with the big headphones and go... "Hang on, I've seen those somewhere else... They're Partridgephones! Hahahaha!"
frown.gif

But Steve Coogan's character does have a reverse Midas effect, the car Partridge had in a series some years back slumped over 50% in sales after the show was aired! This series he'll apparently have a Lexus - I bet the Toyota guys in the UK are quaking in fear
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2002 at 7:35 PM Post #8 of 9
Okay...

Here is a question... What brand of headphones is it that Sophie Ellis Bextor wears back to front, on her new video?

Good call on Radio Norwich Bangra
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back