Hello! I'd like to get help in choosing my next step up from Yamaha EPH 100.
May 9, 2015 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kreisleriana

Head-Fier
So I have absolutely loved the headphone for a few years until I gave it away to my good friend. Such a great little piece!

I primarily listen to classical music and am an outdoor listener.

Here are some things that I would like my next piece to have:

1) Good isolation -- this is quite crucial

2) Clarity and immediacy -- I would like to be able to listen to every instrument.

3) Price range can be flexible, but I would say that more than $300 would be a big stretch.

All in all, I would like a piece that has all the good aspects of Yamaha EPH 100 but better. Would that be a possibility?

I looked into its successor (200) but was not impressed. Looked like a lot of shiny stuff with no real substance.

Thank you very much!

May 9, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 6
While I agree ER4S is an excellent piece of technology I'd lean towards saying DN-1000 is the upgrade you want from the Yamaha. I know it sounds quite sensible to upgrade straight to 2000 (or 2000J) but I can tell you despite the higher model number the 1000 has bigger bass emphasis whilst the 2000 is balanced (much less bass than EPH-100)

I've owned all three, DN-1000, DN-2000, EPH-100, personally I call the DN-1000 that true upgrade you're looking for.

Isolation will be less than the Yamaha but you will hear much more clarity, clearer, cleaner mid-range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back