HEELLP! I NEED AN AMP cheap!
Sep 29, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #16 of 22
Sometimes the problem lies with the source.
For example if I use an amp with my Monolith or Cowon A2 through the headphone out the sound does only change a tiny little bit. With the A2 it only gets worse.
The same happens when I connect the amp to the A2 line out. No real improvement whatsoever.
There are a lot of people claimig that iPod and an amp only make sense when they are connected through the dock line out of the iPod.
So maybe the source is the trouble, not the amp.
If you use a laptop as source (with optical out) maybe you should consider a DAC then.

Sep 29, 2006 at 10:07 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude
Hey guys,

I recently got the HD595 and coupled it with my PA2V2. The result was rather disappointing. So for around $100, what headphone amp do you suggest? I need something that can improve the bass of the HD595 and gives it more soundstage.

THANX!

Xenos 0HA-REP. Second choice, PengAmp.

Also the Go-Vibe v5 could have synergy with the HD595 - although with the HD650 I didn't like it that much.

Sep 29, 2006 at 10:10 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude
I'm currently looking at the Xenos REP and RHP. Does anyone know the difference between the two??

I read a review from another forum, where they said that the -RHP has more bass and less clarity. The -REP is linear (nonetheless, it's full sounding), and crisp & clear.

Sep 29, 2006 at 10:16 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Au contraire my man, the LDM+ is a controller of sloppy bass. I guarantee you'd like the amp with the HD595 - if you don't I'll give you $5!
biggrin.gif

For my ears, the LDM+ has a good full bass & sounds somewhat cold. The Xenos is the more refined, the PengAmp is the warmer sounding of the three despite the ever-so-slighly lightweight sound.

Sep 30, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
I didn't find the PA2V2 particularly efficient

I find that a strange thing to say, whatever my reservations about the sound signature of the PA2V2 it is amazingly powerful for a 2.4V amp, at least as loud as my 9V Pimeta with 250/300 ohm loads - and the batteries last anywhere from 30 - 100 hours on a full charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back