Heed CanAmp
Sep 22, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #2,311 of 2,784
... do help reduce the bright highs - especially with the Saratov 6H23N-EB's.

Plenty of burn-in and the right source help also.

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #2,312 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I traded my Headfive + cash for Heed with a fellow Head-fier and waiting the Heed to arrive in next week.

Ah, that was you... Tried the same but was a little too late. Anyway - am now waiting for minivan's heed to arrive from Australia!

OT: What happened to PinkFloyd anyway - got banned: for what?

Sep 22, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #2,314 of 2,784
Hey guys... long time.... long time..

Just thought I'd toss this out to ya... 10 CanAmps in stock. No lines as of 9/22/07. PM me for orders or questions.

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Dan

Sep 23, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #2,316 of 2,784
Ah, the love on the Canamp is still strong in most of us
biggrin.gif
I'm still very much enjoying my ultra-modded Canamp
580smile.gif

By the way did anyone try pairing the Canamp with IEMs? I tried plugging my Shure e4c to it and it sounded NO difference with plugging it straight to my stock iPod 5.5g!
confused.gif

Sep 23, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #2,317 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope you are doing well Dan!

Doing well at this end, thanks Miguel!

Been quite busy spinning plates (for those that remember Ed Sullivan's show).

Always good to look in here from time to time.

Dan

Sep 23, 2007 at 8:45 AM Post #2,318 of 2,784
Dan, is the SRP of the CanAmp still $400 or is it $450 now? I thought I read something somewhere that it increased.

And speaking of this amp, looks like the FOTM hype has really died on it. A used one has been sitting in the FS forums at a fantastic price for a couple weeks now! I do have a review of the amp saved (written from back when I owned it), can't post it though until after reviews of two other amps are posted on StereoMojo.com.

Sep 23, 2007 at 9:48 AM Post #2,319 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dan, is the SRP of the CanAmp still $400 or is it $450 now? I thought I read something somewhere that it increased.

And speaking of this amp, looks like the FOTM hype has really died on it. A used one has been sitting in the FS forums at a fantastic price for a couple weeks now! I do have a review of the amp saved (written from back when I owned it), can't post it though until after reviews of two other amps are posted on StereoMojo.com.

Yeah, we placed over a hundred of the amps, easily in the US so I'm sure some of those are trading hands now. FOTM Hype? you know, that lasted over a year... still, I'd hate to hear it called as such.
Just very enthused owners sharing both positive and negative experiences with their amps and the whole process - and just like just about anything on the internet, decent and debate is generated to both extremes.

Full retail is 450.00. It was costing a great deal more to import them than Profundo (the importer) had bargained for. Now... we have the dollar slipping against all kinds of currency... it's starting to look like Monopoly money.
blink.gif
I'm sure that is going to impact imported goods at some point too.

Sep 23, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #2,320 of 2,784
Hey Dan! Too long old friend. I am listening to my old, old Heed right now. Still translucent, three dimensional and as lucid as a September sunrise. Miguel and Dan, thank you again for turning me on to the Heed way back when.

Sep 24, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #2,321 of 2,784
Just collected my new Heed CanAmp from local post office. After one week break, I can enjoy my headphones in a next level.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #2,322 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Dan! Too long old friend. I am listening to my old, old Heed right now. Still translucent, three dimensional and as lucid as a September sunrise. Miguel and Dan, thank you again for turning me on to the Heed way back when.

Hi Wayne!

Nice to see you around too!
Glad to hear you are still enjoying your amp! It's nice that all you have left is to "feed the beast" and simply enjoy your music through it. Good for you!

Sep 25, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #2,323 of 2,784
I have the new Graham Slee Solo on loan and am having fun
running it up against the Heed. It is so interesting how one amp favors a particular headphone. The Heed's absolute preference is the AKG 701, while the Slee Solo prefers the Denon D2000 (Silverdragon cable).

Sep 25, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #2,324 of 2,784
dw6928

Have you tried it with your HD650's? I have the CanAmp with which I am very happy with but I have never heard any other amp.

Would the Solo be an improvement over the CanAmp with my 650's with stock cable playing 320kb downloads off the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back