HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Jun 11, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #3,391 of 4,472
I know it doesn't look serious at all in forums to try such silly tiny powerful amp for just 125€ (Aliexpress port included from China):
No name .. even No brand ... 100% chi-fi
size 135MMx 67.5MMx14.5MM.
Output balanced Impedance <1 ohm, unbalanced <2.2 ohm.
Input Impedance: 10K.
Input level 2.1V recommended
Output power: around 2000mW/32Ω, 320mW/250Ω, 160mW/600Ω.
Frequency response: 10HZ-100KHZ.
Output support Impedance: 6-600 Ω.
Battery life : 6-7 h balanced input 2.5MM, 5.5-6 h unbalanced input 3.5MM.
Battery Capacity: 2300mah x 2

1623396792822.png

Two days I am using it behind my WM1A ... and believe it or not, but it really moves my HEDDphone rather well (at least better than the Kann Alpha in ultra low and low frequencies more powerful and clearer kicks )...
There is almost no catchable background hisses even when analog volume with no music at 100% connected to the HEDDphone (but there is some background hisses with rather high sensitivity IEM like IE900 in high gain mode).
Basically it seems to be a typical class AB dynamic sound with low distortion (at a much lower than my Kann Alpha, though it's much more powerful).
I have to make some deeper comparison with the less BX2+.
As I really enjoy the rich and rather soft and balanced Class A sound of the BX2+, I don't think I will use this little amp at home..
Maybe on the way or on holidays with a Z7M2 it can be used, as my WM1A is sometimes falling short in power with some DSD.

For 125€ .... maybe worth to give a try if extra power is needed.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #3,392 of 4,472
For the price I'd give it a go if I was looking for a powerful portable amp to use with my Heddphone. From looking at the specs it's has plenty of power for portable use that's for sure.

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #3,393 of 4,472
I have a pair of these in route. Anyone using an aftermarket cable with these or is the stock cable good enough?

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #3,394 of 4,472
I have a pair of these in route. Anyone using an aftermarket cable with these or is the stock cable good enough?
I bought various after market cables. I would say, as often, stock cable from such firm is already really very good. It's even worth using HEDD balanced cable too, though it's a bit too expansive.

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #3,395 of 4,472
I needed a balanced cable, and so purchased a short all-silver cable 2.5mm cable from HeadphoneLounge.com. I use that for my 'upstairs listening station' with my Hugo2go & BX2+. Meanwhile I use my Lavricables Grand with my full-size system. It's the same cable I use for my Auteur -- I've been ignoring the phase difference between Hedd & other min-XLR cans.

But I've also used the stock cable out of my TT2 -- no complaints except that it's not balanced :)

Jun 16, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #3,397 of 4,472
I needed a balanced cable, and so purchased a short all-silver cable 2.5mm cable from HeadphoneLounge.com. I use that for my 'upstairs listening station' with my Hugo2go & BX2+. Meanwhile I use my Lavricables Grand with my full-size system. It's the same cable I use for my Auteur -- I've been ignoring the phase difference between Hedd & other min-XLR cans.

But I've also used the stock cable out of my TT2 -- no complaints except that it's not balanced :)
I am using my Meze Empyrean cables.
Phase is wired opposite but HEDD replied that it doesn't matter.
Thanks, for the responses. I’m looking at HEDD’s own balanced cable. Before I buy it I’m going try the Audeze cables I have on hand. Good to know the phase differences don’t matter.

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #3,398 of 4,472
I got the Hedd balanced cable a week after getting the hp and it sounds better than the cheap balanced cable I was using. Now the balanced cable I was using is really bad and I think it was like $30 or $40 from Amazon but I feel like you could get a good Periapt cable for like $70 that would be just as good as the $160 Hedd cable.

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #3,399 of 4,472
I got the Hedd balanced cable a week after getting the hp and it sounds better than the cheap balanced cable I was using. Now the balanced cable I was using is really bad and I think it was like $30 or $40 from Amazon but I feel like you could get a good Periapt cable for like $70 that would be just as good as the $160 Hedd cable.
My HEDDphones are arriving today. I'm going to first try my Forza Audioworks Hybrid Noir cable I have on hand for my Audeze headphones. Hopefully the sound is good. I also have the premium balanced Audeze cable that came with my LCD-4z's than I could try. I'm starting to get excited as I really want to hear how these sound.

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #3,400 of 4,472
I just took delivery of my HEDDphone's. They are large but the weight doesn't bother me. The LCD-4's I use to own actually felt heavier. I'm trying some cables on them at the moment and I've settled on my Forza Audioworks Hybrid Noir cable.

Initial impressions are this is extremely detailed and balanced sounding headphone. It's a nice energetic listen. Soundstage isn't as big as I was thinking it would be, but it isn't bad. I am adding some more low end with the Loki. They sound just about perfect now. I like them a lot.

IMG_1116.jpg

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #3,401 of 4,472
I just took delivery of my HEDDphone's. They are large but the weight doesn't bother me. The LCD-4's I use to own actually felt heavier. I'm trying some cables on them at the moment and I've settled on my Forza Audioworks Hybrid Noir cable.

Initial impressions are this is extremely detailed and balanced sounding headphone. It's a nice energetic listen. Soundstage isn't as big as I was thinking it would be, but it isn't bad. I am adding some more low end with the Loki. They sound just about perfect now. I like them a lot.

Good pairing w/ P750U?

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #3,402 of 4,472

Depends what songs you’ve listened to bc with properly recorded concert stuff, the HEDDphone goes as far as needed, VERY WIDE at times!!!
But with almost no depth at all.
It usually feels like you’re center on stage with the singer.
And with symphonies you’re one of the players. A very surreal experience TBH!!
But not only does it get wide, it’s very tall as well. As if u are literally standing next to the singer

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #3,403 of 4,472
Depends what songs you’ve listened to bc with properly recorded concert stuff, the HEDDphone goes as far as needed, VERY WIDE at times!!!
But with almost no depth at all.
It usually feels like you’re center on stage with the singer.
And with symphonies you’re one of the players. A very surreal experience TBH
I'm trying them out with different music now. I think you are right about the width. The soundstage width is fine, but the HEDDphone lacks some depth. Interesting headphone to say the least.

Jun 18, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #3,404 of 4,472
Good pairing w/ P750U?
The pairing with the P-750u is very good, but I think I'm preferring them on tubes. The HEDDPhone's soundscape opens up on tubes. My Xudoo MT-604 is doing a nice job with the HEDDphone. It's still early and I'm trying to get a feel for their sound.

Jun 18, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #3,405 of 4,472
I'm trying them out with different music now. I think you are right about the width. The soundstage width is fine, but the HEDDphone lacks some depth. Interesting headphone to say the least.
Yes, a very interesting soundstage indeed 😂
But the realism with percussion instruments and air instruments is mind blowing!!!
And in general, the overall sound sig is one of a kind.
Personally my only issue is with the tonality and timbre of string instruments, specifically/especially violins 🎻
Other than that, this headphone is incredible!!!

Btw, I see that you also own the 1266 tc and susvara.
How would u compare this to those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back