HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Apr 8, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #3,302 of 4,472
It's not exactly what you are looking for .. but those measurements probably include one or two of the first HEDDPHONE sold, maybe not the prototype.
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/blob/master/results/INDEX.md
1617872747420.png

Their links include RAW measurements.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #3,303 of 4,472
Apr 15, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #3,304 of 4,472
I would like to join the club, I bought a used HEDD. Does anyone know where I can buy new earpads, because the person from whom I bought the HEDD smoked cigarettes and the earpads stink of cigarettes and I can't find replacements anywhere..

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #3,307 of 4,472
I would like to join the club, I bought a used HEDD. Does anyone know where I can buy new earpads, because the person from whom I bought the HEDD smoked cigarettes and the earpads stink of cigarettes and I can't find replacements anywhere..
uh oh. the seller didn't mention it? i wont buy a products that stinks with cigarettes.

Apr 16, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #3,308 of 4,472
I would take them off and wash them with pine sol, and then spray them down liberally with Ozium sanitizer. It definitely works to get rid of odors
As far as I remember the earpads are real natural leather.
If you wash leather with anything fluid it will become stiff afterwards.

The odor of tabacco disappears over the time.
Wipe the surface of the whole ‘phones with microfibre cloth SLIGHTLY damped (not wet!) in DEMINERALIZED water.
Lay them open.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #3,309 of 4,472
As far as I remember the earpads are real natural leather.
If you wash leather with anything fluid it will become stiff afterwards.

The odor of tabacco disappears over the time.
Wipe the surface of the whole ‘phones with microfibre cloth SLIGHTLY damped (not wet!) in DEMINERALIZED water.
Lay them open.
Yeah, I think just spraying them with Ozium would do the trick. If you can remove them, put them in the dryer with a dryer sheet. That may work.

Apr 18, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #3,310 of 4,472
Yeah, I think just spraying them with Ozium would do the trick. If you can remove them, put them in the dryer with a dryer sheet. That may work.
No,
If it’s real leather - I might err on this, been some time ago I had the HEDDphone - it will loose it’s softness.

I suggest to go from mild to strong, not start with the big hammer.
Specially as the earpads don’t seem to be easy to obtain, and comfort of this really heavy ‘phones largely relies on the earpads.

Apr 20, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #3,313 of 4,472
Finally finished the testing and the 8 ohm taps off the Ultravalve are the nicest pairing so far with the Hedds driven via the HPA-1 PassLabs amp from a Schiit Multibut Bifrsot 2...simply as nice as it gets with this headphone tech...

Listening to Jack McDuff's "Bring It Home".....awesome jazz band....10/10

1618847866008.png

1618847990195.png
May I inquire how the Heddphone sound on tubes, that Schitt and whatever that other awesome Star Wars looking tube amp is? Also, I am interested in the Rupert Neve amp. How does the Heddphone sound on that? I like a hard hitting bass and lots of soundstage and treble details/air. Thanks

Apr 20, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #3,314 of 4,472
May I inquire how the Heddphone sound on tubes, that Schitt and whatever that other awesome Star Wars looking tube amp is? Also, I am interested in the Rupert Neve amp. How does the Heddphone sound on that? I like a hard hitting bass and lots of soundstage and treble details/air. Thanks
The tube amp I am using is NOT a headphone amplifier....Its designed to be used with low impedance loads like 4, 8 or 16 ohm loudspeakers which I use it for. It has approx 100 watts maximum output, but at the impedances of the amp at the HEDD impedance is a lot less....

Also I am using the PassLabs HPA-1 headphone amp, but not using it directly to drive the HEDDS, I use the preamp of the HPA-1 to drive the Ultravalve speaker amp...some folks do this with other speaker amps with headphones like HE6SE and Susvaras which are very inefficient and require more power than a normal headphone amp provides.

So in this setup, the Hedds are absolutely wonderful....I would put them right up there close to an Abyss 1266 and other TOTL cans...its really stellar.

But I have a Lyr 3 hybred tube amp and it drives the Hedds nicely but its not as good as with the HPA-1 to Ultravalve I have....I would rate the Lyr 3 at a 8.5 vs a 10 for the HPA-1/Ultravalve.

The RHNP drives the HEDDS but it has to be cranked up past 1-2 oclock....

If you want a really good amp that doesnt cost an arm and a leg I would highly recommend the Schiit Jotenheim....its close to the setup I am using and has more than enough power to drive the Hedds to give awesome bass, clear, distinct and lots of air and clarity...

Good Luck!
Alex

NOTE: I am listening now with the HEDDS and the Schiit Jotenheim..and its very, very good....I really think the real difference with the Hedds is they really like "power" and having 3 watts or more seems to make them come alive.....Even though lesser wattage amps play with them ok...I would highly recommend a Jot or a similar wattage amp.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #3,315 of 4,472
1618960276988.jpeg

I just purchased a Little Dot MKVI. I have the SMSL SP200 and the IFi signature, both make the Heddphone sing, but wanted a tube amp. I’ll give the Little Dot a try. I looked at the Lyr, didn’t think it had enough power. I also looked at the Jotunheim. I really wanted tubes as the SMSL is very linear, so I want the contrast. I guess the only thing left is to start rolling tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back