HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Aug 7, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #2,641 of 4,466
Be interested in the amps being used to drive your HEDD's....I have 20+ amps here, half retail and half DIY....I have favorites, but for the most part I use a Schitt Jotenheim and Schitt Lyr 3 for the HEDDS...Gobs of power...

Alex
I'm using the Chord TT2 dac/amp. Very transparent and plenty of power, even single-ended. Fantastic dac for just about any headphone.

Aug 7, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #2,642 of 4,466
I’m running a HeadAmp GSX mkii and a Woo WA5LE. Lots of headroom and fast as well.

Aug 7, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #2,644 of 4,466
Be interested in the amps being used to drive your HEDD's....

Burson Conductor 3 Reference. Sometimes i almost think this was specifically made to drive the HEDDphone. Lots of power and control and an almost neutral very slightly warmish signature.

Aug 7, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #2,645 of 4,466
Just put on the [discontinued] Martin Logan Mikros 90, closed portables, +HeadphoneLounge UPOCC copper recable, +Sennheiser Momentum ear [re]pads.
Lehmann BCL at low gain.
Still easily on the Top 5 list of every headphone I have ever owned.

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #2,650 of 4,466
Be interested in the amps being used to drive your HEDD's....I have 20+ amps here, half retail and half DIY....I have favorites, but for the most part I use a Schitt Jotenheim and Schitt Lyr 3 for the HEDDS...Gobs of power...

Alex

Ive tried several and the Jot does a really good job at its price point
The RME ADI2 Pro does a superb job...it has a high output single ended and a super high output balanced.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Aug 11, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #2,651 of 4,466
Of all the headphones I have and had, the HEDDS are far the best and nicest overall sound ever......even with the weight of them.I am fortunate that they fit my head very well and I can tolerate the weight for hours on end...Gone thru so many cans, these are indeed very special.....afte several weeks they still excite and surprise me everyday...my Focal Clears are also very nice, but the sound from the HEDD's seems even more open and the imaging and articulation is just superb!

Woke up this am to: "Not of this Earth!" 10/10...just OMG amazing....

11.JPG
Agreed

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #2,652 of 4,466
All this talk about the weight of Hedd amuses me. I've been doing intense workouts with Blackwood Auteur for 2 years and RAD-0 for almost a year -- so moving up to Hedd was easy :)

Humor aside, I'm doing some serious listening via:

Gumby ==> cap-modded Liquid Platinum | DSHA-3F ==> Hedd | RAD-0 (balanced connections, silver headphone cables)

No real conclusions yet -- just some early impressions. The Heddline is that the Hedd is definitely holding up its end -- delivers very satisfying, visceral bass. Also, Hedd is quite a bit less efficient than RAD-0 -- 6 dB according to my pre-amp. No problem for either of those amps though.

Honestly they are very close in almost every way. Small differences in their presentation of vocals. RAD-0 brings vocals a little more 'front and center' while Hedd seems to open them up just a little by comparison. When there's some 'space' and echo in the vocals the Hedd presents slightly more. Bass is also very close -- maybe a bit more 'thickness' from RAD-0, and a bit more extension into the sub-bass from Hedd. But really close. A couple times I had to reach up and check which were on my head.

Actually, the equivalence extends to fit/finish/comfort as well for me. While the Hedd is very modern/industrial, RAD-0 is more of an art project. But to my eyes, they are both very appealing. And both seem very well built. Unfortunately, neither is near tops in comfort. Well behind Empyrean and Utopia. Behind HEK (v2 or se) and Ether 2. Even somewhat less comfortable than my Auteur, which mostly get dinged for weight, but also the lack of clamping force.

Aug 11, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #2,653 of 4,466
I think the Heddphone needs some PEQ corrections around 6Khz to enhance female voices sibilance or snare attack ... that's it.
I am not sure it's worth on low frequencies to correct anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back