HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Dec 12, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #301 of 4,472
@m17xr2b , @PeteSTRADAMUS

I also had to look twice to see a difference. In fact, the gaps in the inner grill are bigger compared to the prototypes. But overall, the difference is not huge so I have to agree with you both. As promising the technical principle is, I pray to heaven that HEDD won't mess it up with the sound signature.
Especially the impressions of @DecentLevi, @Tekunda and @AndrewH13 further increased my anticipation. Thank you for sharing your impressions. I'll probably buy the HEDDphone blindly. I respect @PeteSTRADAMUS opinion but I like the design. Black grill, silver frame quite understated and the yellow / gold drivers are a nice contrast.
For those who don't like it, it may grow over time. lol

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #302 of 4,472
Not sure if it's just the true nonconformist in me shining through - and certainly the HEDDphone isn't impervious to imperfection but I personally see no substance whatsoever to all the recent banter here in regards to weight and looks. I personally felt the HEDDphone to be rugged and never thought about weight when trying it /carrying it around and that was even the original heavier prototype. I honestly think the new Susvara Jr. has a sexiness with to the curvy design and elegant skin-tone colors. For the final HEDDphone I had to do a triple take to notice anything different, maybe for the better if anything. Finally perhaps the slightly decreased sensitivity and increased impedance could lead to a better end result by way of higher-spec amping requirements.

I do say we'll probably have better things to talk about after its' release... all IMO.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #303 of 4,472
Not sure if it's just the true nonconformist in me shining through - and certainly the HEDDphone isn't impervious to imperfection but I personally see no substance whatsoever to all the recent banter here in regards to weight and looks. I personally felt the HEDDphone to be rugged and never thought about weight when trying it /carrying it around and that was even the original heavier prototype. I honestly think the new Susvara Jr. has a sexiness with to the curvy design and elegant skin-tone colors. For the final HEDDphone I had to do a triple take to notice anything different, maybe for the better if anything. Finally perhaps the slightly decreased sensitivity and increased impedance could lead to a better end result by way of higher-spec amping requirements.

I do say we'll probably have better things to talk about after its' release.
That Deva is only like $300 bucks if the price they had In yaun is correct. Shouldn’t it be a little, little more expensive? Confusing me a little.

Dec 17, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #304 of 4,472
If the price increased like efficiency decreased, we have to deal with some 3.5k cans now!

Anyway, driving them properly seems a mission now. After trying the HP at the last Audiovista I was talking to the European sales manager last month. By far he said that SPLs Phonitor 2 was the most synergetic pairing out of all amps they had in use with the HP.

The SPL Phonitor2 in fully balanced mode is what I recommended to HEDDaudio right from the start...

Dec 17, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #306 of 4,472
I'm sure that will undoubtedly have enough power for it... any solid-state amp users don't count its performance with your amp as the final word though because myself and others have have noticed the HEDDphone's sound sweetens up nicely with tube amps, perhaps almost as if they were made for each other. Time will tell how well this theory holds up - and even then a SS amp can be coaxed along quite nicely with the likes of added touch of warmth or soundstage using a tube buffer / preamp into it, such as with myself and other users of electrostat amps have experienced.

EDIT: Oh yes the Lyr 3 is a sort of tube amp.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #311 of 4,472
Dec 20, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #312 of 4,472
Hot News:
The HEDDphone will be officially launched from Jan 16th-19th on NAMM Show 2020/ Anaheim Convention Center. Source: HEDDaudio Facebook site.

79532787_3106503522907234_6350349360361897984_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back