1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by bugstone, May 7, 2019.
First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last
  1. Beagle
    No, not when a $150 headphone has no problem in that area..

marhol and metal571 like this.
  2. guitardave
    Yikes, i guess if my sr1a’s sounded like that I wouldn’t like them either! Fortunately they don’t.

3. AxelCloris Administrator
    We've removed a few posts that were going off-topic. We ask that the discussion please stay within the posting guidelines and focused on the HEDDphone. Thanks everyone.

metal571 and raindownthunda like this.
  4. 518141
    The following results of the preliminary measurements of head-fi should dispel the doubts of many that the HEDDphone would be very difficult to drive.

HEDDphone: 290 mVrms to reach 90 dBSPL at 1 kHz.
    Hifiman Susvara: 1034 mVrms to reach 90 dBSPL at 1 kHz.
    Sennheiser HD650: 196 mVrms to reach 90 dBSPL at 1 kHz.
    Check Head-fi: #468 + #471

I find it particularly interesting with these results that the difference between the HEDDphone and the Sennheiser HD650 is significantly less than between the HEDDphone and the Susvara which surprises me in this clarity. As a result, you could summarize that the HEDDphone needs more power than an HD650 but significantly less than a Susvara.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    zolkis, buonassi and Cat Music like this.
  5. Zachik
    Will be very informative when people start receiving their HEDDphone and post initial impressions regarding which amp they're using and whether or not the amp can drive them properly.

joseph69, Cat Music and guitardave like this.
  6. Torq
    According to the specs, power requirements (by SPL) for the HEDDphone are as follows:

HEDDphone - Power Requirements.png

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
  7. JLoud
    I hope to receive my preorder pair next week. Will post my comparisons to other headphones I have.

Narayan23, Beagle, DecentLevi and 2 others like this.
  8. Cat Music
    Can the Burson C3 Reference drive the Heddphone well?

9. phthora
    Since it can put 5W into 32 Ohm, the C3 can drive the HEDDphones loud enough to permanently damage your hearing. To put things in perspective, at my highest measured listening level (and adding a few db for peaks) and using the chart above, an amp only needs to deliver 0.002W into the headphones. At that SPL, your amp has 1000 times more power than is required.

Cat Music and Hifiearspeakers like this.
  10. Rayzilla
    Wait a few days to hear some impressions from NAMM or put in the pre-order now? Hmmm....

I'm feeling optimistic about these. I'm pulling for them.

11. JP281
    Might be a dumb question but this transducer type is very unique, could or would it benefit/change from burn in? Just a thought

DecentLevi likes this.
  12. aminus
    [​IMG]
    Quite the experience.
    Full length review coming (maybe) tomorrow.

13. joseph69
    Congratulations.
    The balanced cable didn't come with the HEDDphone, correct?
    Asking because I've ordered the connectors to make my own.

14. aminus
    The balanced cable is a ZMF cable provided by the store. In any case this is not my unit, it is a store demo. The DAC is also not mine, only the amp is.

joseph69 likes this.
  15. toranku
    Well, just some thoughts on the HEDDphone as an IEM guy:

-First thing that struck me in the first 20 seconds was the presence of lower mids. Some people can consider it a tad bloated in its presentation.

-Fantastic texture. I can hear the grit on cymbals (partly also because the lower and mid treble is emphasised) and texture on well recorded snares.

-I'd describe the signature as being lower mid, lower and middle treble lifted.

-Uppermids sounds dipped and portrays vocals a bit suppressed/choked out. The moderate lack of uppermids makes electric guitar solos sound too polite and lacking in energy.

-Bass is not bad. Rather hard impact, phat and thick due to the lower harmonics of the bass being emphasised by the lowermid gain. I'd prefer less lower mids for a tighter snap on tom/snare drums.

-Lift in lower and middle treble makes for great metallic texture on cymbals (like it should) but can be too much and aggressive in its portrayal of cymbals. In Steve Vai's tender surrender (Where the Wild Things Are), the cymbals dominate the track with the lead guitar being behind because of the upper midrange dip.

-Presentation can be a deal breaker for some. It's very closed in IMO. The lower mids and treble clearly dominate the stage sometimes.

Overall decent. But definitely not to my taste. I think the texture is the best part about the headphone. I do think it has ways to go with its staging/presentation though. FR is a tuning choice so if HEDD like the tonal balance, I won't dispute that.

BrowChan, Misson07, YtseJamer and 2 others like this.
First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last