1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by bugstone, May 7, 2019.
First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last
  1. Narayan23
    That´s an unfair and false statement, they´re most likely very busy working to launch product plus it´s Christmas / New Year and they probably have families too, I couldn´t care less about updates or release info, I care about a well designed can that sounds great and is not rushed to market, when it arrives it arrives. Some of you need to curb your anxiety before making disparaging remarks.

nick n, buonassi, Fegefeuer and 2 others like this.
  2. Tekunda
    I truly hope this is sarcasm.
    Or do you really want to suggest that HEDD is running so low on resources, that their sound-engineers need to update the webservers also?

JP281 and Hifiearspeakers like this.
  3. rkw
    What do you expect them to do? It's unusual for audio manufacturers to update their website about products they haven't released yet.
    In any case, HEDD uses Facebook for announcements, not their website. https://www.facebook.com/HEDDaudio/

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  4. DarginMahkum
    As stated, they must be super busy and possibly delayed also by some component manufacturer (like the headband and casing), or still had to discuss some more details with them. They are only a few people trying to run both the speaker business and the HEDDphone. I bought their Tower Mains speakers this summer and visited their HQ several times (which is about 25 minutes by public transport from where I live) and they have been very friendly and supportive. It is not about caring or not caring. They are aware of the interest and want to sell their product and make money.

Mr. Klaus Heinz is an important and serious name in the professional speaker business and having bought their speakers twice, I can only say that they just would like to deliver a good quality product.

DecentLevi, phthora and Narayan23 like this.
  5. Venture Guy
    How do you like the Tower Mains? Did you get the Standard or Extended?

6. DarginMahkum
    Standard. For our 90 m3 room it more than enough. They are mind blowingly crystal clear. AMT tweeters translate even the smallest details in the music (some might not like). I had the Type 20s before which are also great. For my computer system now I bought the cheaper KRK V8 and I miss the precision and the clarity of the Type 20s. We still need to improve our room, though. One interesting thing, after I auditioned the towers, I tried the HEDDphones and I thought the speakers are still on, I took them off and checked if the sound is coming from speakers.

7. DecentLevi
    As I 'hinted' at before this must all be part of HEDD's diabolical marketing scheme... a mystery shrouded in secrecy with clues scattered around the globe probably begging for suspense and controversy. After all this is for a headphone using emerging technology slain for an early 2020 release. This is how legends are born. Bring on the dawn of a new era in sound!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    Nik74 and Venture Guy like this.
  8. emlin
    By the way, one UK dealer has posted this:

RRP is going to be around £1700 inc and the first examples should be here first week in January.

Hifiearspeakers and Nik74 like this.
  9. Foxman50
    Emlin, come on which dealer please

10. emlin
    Purité Audio.

11. Foxman50
    Ah Keith’s the man, cheers Emlin

12. emlin
    Yes, he's a good man, and always seems to be ahead of the curve.

13. AlwaysForward
    I really wish Hedd had a dealer in SF...

mimizone likes this.
  14. DecentLevi
    phthora and Venture Guy like this.
  15. phthora
    Sort of an aesthetically unremarkable headphone, IMO. A safe design, perhaps even boring, but not ugly. They have certainly had some challenges in comfortably securing that 700+ grams to a head, so I can easily forgive them a conservative appearance if they've nailed the fit.

slapo likes this.
First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last