1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by bugstone, May 7, 2019.
First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last
  1. emlin
    Just keep away from mirrors and you'll be fine.

2. Jon L
    Boy, I thought my Abyss TC was ugly, but at least it has a Darth Vader type of moody presence. HEDD just looks super frumpy and weighs even more than the Abyss :floatsmile:
    I'm sure the initial waves of gushing reviews will come out, but if I was buying, I would probably wait a generation or two before paying my own money for it, i.e. Abyss original to CC to TC..

At least HEDD was nice enough to use 4-pin mini XLR at headphone end, so at least that opens up headphone cable options including numerous Audeze/ZMF options, unlike Abyss who insisted on the 3-pin mini XLR which nobody else uses.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  3. Narayan23
    I think both the can and the headband look just fine, however I have contacted Hedd and they might do a special headband just for you :)

[​IMG]

4. Narayan23
    That´s a good idea if you´re Methuselah, believe me when I say life is today.

Since we´re complaining (cables, headband, looks) I´d like to say Freddy the CEO´s jumper and colour matching skills leave much to be desired.

nick n and emlin like this.
  5. sennfan83261
    700g (approaching LCD-4's 735g listed weight) and without a suspension strap? The heaviest can that I own without a suspension strap is the HE-500 (502g), but I can listen to it for hours on end due to the excellent weight distribution of its headband. However, an extra 200g? I don't know.

6. DecentLevi
    Taken from the the video on the last page, I think it looks quite pleasant from the sides as least and this is the direction most people may likely see you when wearing headphones. It also seems like some of the reason for the bulkier front-view look is due to them using earpads looking about 2x thicker than the original prototype I tried, which they say gives it a great soundstage - an aspect I was already very impressed with on the initial prototype. I think its' sound will abate any lack of glamour... especially if you're like me, I hear the sound and don't consider looks.
    heddph.jpg

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  7. Pro-Jules
    I am in line to get a review pair.

Alcophone likes this.
  8. DecentLevi
    Are you officially in the queue for a demo loaner unit? That's the first I've even heard about it lately. When does that happen and for which region and number of units? Just curious but for me I'll just buy mine when I can.

9. Pro-Jules
    Review unit - I am a member of a publication's review team.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  10. human bass
    Damn, over 700gr is brutal. This weight and Ora being trash shows how hard it is to develop new tech that are functional.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  11. schnesim
    I hope HEDD is gone be present at the 2020 Munich High End. Would love to give these a listen.

12. DecentLevi
    2 cool! By random chance I happened to get word from 2 people I know in my hometown that they are in queue for a demo unit of the HEDDphone! Said to be as soon they're made available but before actually starts shipping, and that should be soon as I heard it's supposed to be available Jan. 16 - 16th at the NAMM Show in Anaheim.

Anyone else in line for the demo loaner program?

@Torq and @Soundsgoodtome Feel free to post here.
    PS - Torq apologies in advance if I disclosed anything please let me know if I should edit this and I'll do it right away.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    Tekunda likes this.
  13. Torq
    I’m in line for a demo via the dealer, not directly with the manufacturer. They expect early production units a little ahead of retail sales starting. Could change. The estimated date for this has moved several times.

As for disclosures ... seems rather ass backwards to disclose something and then ask if it is a problem, rather than validating that before posting - especially as you clearly thought about it.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
    buonassi likes this.
  14. Tekunda
    I have a bigger problem with Heddphone seemingly not caring about their customer base much, by not updating their website with the newest release infos, than who is waiting in line for a demo unit or not.

DecentLevi and Hifiearspeakers like this.
  15. Pro-Jules
    I suspect they are just super busy at this time.

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last