"HEARYOURSELF.COM" anyone heard of them?
May 13, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #16 of 41
I've had both... a professional audiologist and and "at home" kit molding. They were exactly the same.

It's not a dangerous process...you generally STOP PUSHING when your start to feel pain. I would say my doctor was rougher than I was!

Anyhow, they both turned out fine. (In fact I a wondering wich one I will be sending for my new customs.....hmmm.....)

Kevin

May 13, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #17 of 41
The way I see it is that someone reputable on head-fi needs to take the plunge. If he gets taken for a ride nobody from here will buy from them again and if he gets what he asked for he can do a review that will help us make our decision.

Before someone says it, not me this time. I am still recovering from the expense of my new CD player and amp purchases. I am very happy with my Eastsound CD-E5 and Cattylink's page is WAY more 'sketchy' than hearyourself.com so who knows, this may be legit.
wink.gif

May 13, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #18 of 41
Before anyone ELSE drops the money....DONT WORRY I ALREADY HAVE. I made my order this morning and will be shipping them my clear cable and my impressions.

The only thing lacking is that "reputable" part. I'm new here and wouldn't expect ANYONE to really believe me if I rant and rave about how good they are.

BUT....I will go...I will do.....

I've always like reconnaiscance missions.

Kevin

May 13, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #19 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ODEKK

lol, well good luck and let us know how it turns out.
wink.gif

May 13, 2005 at 9:24 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

The web site is sketchy...but the prices are so good.

The prices are good only if the monitors are good. I'm sure we'll all be waiting for your review.

May 13, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ODEKK
Before anyone ELSE drops the money....DONT WORRY I ALREADY HAVE. I made my order this morning and will be shipping them my clear cable and my impressions.

The only thing lacking is that "reputable" part. I'm new here and wouldn't expect ANYONE to really believe me if I rant and rave about how good they are.

BUT....I will go...I will do.....

Kevin

IMHO it helps to draw comparisons when posting reviews or impressions...

IE: DT250-80 has less bass than a DT770... Mids are also smoother and less pronounced around ~3khz. DT250 is roughly the same size weight as an MDRV6...

Comments like that, helps readers benchmark what youre hearing.

Garrett

May 13, 2005 at 9:41 PM Post #22 of 41
hello,

I havent dealt with that particular website, but I have indeed purchased from the seller once before and to be honest, the sound is very similar to the shure e1 westone um1.

nothing impressive and very much overpriced.

May 13, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfire
I havent dealt with that particular website, but I have indeed purchased from the seller once before and to be honest, the sound is very similar to the shure e1 westone um1.

nothing impressive and very much overpriced.

Which one of the IEM's that they sell are you talking about?

Dec 4, 2005 at 9:47 AM Post #25 of 41
Anybody know how this turned out?

"bump"

Feb 16, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #26 of 41
I am a professional musician and bought the C1000's a few years back and use them on stage extensivly and love them. I recently purchased the dual driver (c2) and they sound amazing..the frquencies are separated really well.
Before I bought the duals I spoke with someone there because I wanted to see if they were really using the same drivers now as UE. and they are.
I think they must of revamped the website ...looks good to me.
Just FYI..

Feb 16, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #27 of 41
No, I have never heard of them before.
I will be waiting for your review before I decide if they are good value or not.

Feb 17, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #29 of 41
Dont hesitate... I LOVE MINE!
I have the C1000's and C2's...both are pro quality.
C2's are great for drumming...great isolation.
I Checked their ebay feedback before I bought...its 100%.
I think when they first started they had someone else making their molds...
I have seen the early C1's and they are nothing like the new ones.
mine are top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back