Hearo + Libsample rate High Quality >>> Foobar Kernel Streaming.
May 12, 2005 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

]|[ GorE

500+ Head-Fier
AKG Hearo Plugin + ffdshows Audio Resample Filter at high quality has just replaced foobar.
There is way higher dialogue intelligibility with the new playback software.

An Example:
In Michael Jacksons "Some where in the dark " song of ET;i can hardly make out what ET says in the middle of song.If i hear hard enough,he seems to say "**** YOU"
eggosmile.gif

With The Hearo + LibSamplerate High Quality I can hear him say clearly:
"THANK YOU......."
lambda.gif

Oh and the Full version of the AKG HEaro plugin with Logic 7 has been released as freeware!
GO GET IT.

Cya Later.

May 12, 2005 at 1:51 PM Post #2 of 8
Can you provide a link to this software so I have some idea of what you are talking about? Remember some of us are n00bs.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2005 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 8
AKG Hearo is a plugin for WIndows MEdia player that virtualizes speakers for headphone users and offers simulation of upto 7 channels through Logic 7 for your headphones.

FFDshow is a famous audio video codec . just set in the Audio config:

Uncompressed Supported : All

Then choose the resample filter: either medium or high quality.Even though High quality takes up 30% of my XP 2400+s CPU power,it doesnt offer higher quality sound to my ears.

FFDshow also comes with an Equalizer,5 channel separate Delay,Crystality,Reverb and the ability to use winamp plugins as Well!

smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2005 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 8
Too bad it forces you to use WMP. I've downloaded HEARO and installed it on my other computer, and though I haven't tried it in-depth with music, it does some weird things with some of the video files I've tried.

And the chance of me using WMP for music is somewhere near the vicinity of a snowball's chance in hell.
smily_headphones1.gif

~KS

May 13, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #7 of 8
tried it.... unimpressed .. foobar is still king in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back