Heard new Oasis CD
Jun 29, 2002 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

DarkAngel

DarkAngel's a man, baby!
Just came back from local Borders Bookstore and they were playing new Oasis CD that will be released this Tuesday "heathen chemistry" has 11 tracks and sounds great. I heard 4-5 tracks while there, everyone was classic Oasis.

Jun 29, 2002 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 58
These guys have surely paid their dues, after tumbling from their rock pedestals with (imo) progressively weaker releases. I'm glad you like it. I'll give it my ear too.

Jun 29, 2002 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by zoboomofo
These guys have surely paid their dues, after tumbling from their rock pedestals with (imo) progressively weaker releases. I'm glad you like it. I'll give it my ear too.

I'm still waiting for first weak CD, which one didn't you like?

Jun 29, 2002 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
I heard 4-5 tracks while there, everyone was classic Oasis.

This is no brainer purchase next week
cool.gif

Classic Oasis? If it's anything like "The Hindu Times" I don't want to come near it. Totally derivative boring crap. They had one or two decent tracks on "What's The Story...", everything else I heard sucked the big one. Their stuff has no ideas, creativity or imagination, just ripoffs from 60's bands that go on seemingly forever without saying anything. At one time they were the most overrated band on the planet. I don't think anyone even bothers to rate them anymore.

Jun 29, 2002 at 9:08 PM Post #6 of 58
How's the sound quality?

Jun 29, 2002 at 9:13 PM Post #7 of 58
Guess we better not get Beagle an Oasis CD for Christmas
very_evil_smiley.gif

Zobo
If I were to rank all current Oasis Cds:
-Morning Glory
-Masterplan
-Definitely Maybe
-Standing on Shoulders of Giants
-Be here Now

We will have to see where new CD fits in the list next week.

Jun 29, 2002 at 9:17 PM Post #8 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
How's the sound quality?

Don't have the CD yet, but remember most Oasis material is drenched in feedback except for a few acoustic numbers so
sound quality is relative.

Jun 29, 2002 at 10:31 PM Post #9 of 58
Not to crap on your thread, DA, but....

Oasis (to me) are a "greatest hits" sort of band. One day when they release their "best of" it will be a "must own". Their albums are pretty spotty overall.

I'm eagerly awaiting their best of....

markl

Jun 30, 2002 at 2:22 AM Post #10 of 58
Apparently, some people are on some serious ****....

Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory are masterpieces, i'm not going to even get started defending them, because i dont have to...the music speaks for itself. Spotty my ass.

Be here now is a good album, but heavily overproduced, each track is good, but gets repititive, "my big mouth" and "fade in-out" are my favorite tracks.

The Masterplan is an excellent collection of B-sides, although i could do without a track or two. Acquiesce and rocking chair are the standout tracks.

Standing on the shoulders of Giants was their weakest release, more of a transistion album, since the band faltered after the release of "Be here now." It turns out Noel really hates "be here now" as not one track has been played live in their latest tour.

I have heard Hindu Times, its a great song, although, it is a very simplistic song and they lyrics are anything but stellar. Still, a good tune to bop along too. As for sound quality, the mp3 i got was extremely compressed (its just plain loud).

Jun 30, 2002 at 2:33 AM Post #11 of 58
Name an Oasis album that has more than 4 great songs and name those 5 great songs... "Definitely Maybe" comes close but....

markl

Jun 30, 2002 at 2:50 AM Post #12 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
Name an Oasis album that has more than 4 great songs and name those 5 great songs... "Definitely Maybe" comes close but....

markl

Simple, from WTSMG?

1. hello
2. she's electric
3. title track
4. dont look back in anger

and more:

5. cast no shadow
6. some might say

Want me to go on? Mind you, i'm an Oasis fan.

You can see for yourself: www.geocities.com/tannacker

Jun 30, 2002 at 3:02 AM Post #13 of 58
I'm in the U.S., but I read all the fabulous UK rock mags (Uncut, Mojo, Q) and based on what I've read, Noel (who IS Oasis for all intents and purposes) is not all that fond of WTSMG.

Nice try, though....
cool.gif

markl

Jun 30, 2002 at 3:20 AM Post #14 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
I'm in the U.S., but I read all the fabulous UK rock mags (Uncut, Mojo, Q) and based on what I've read, Noel (who IS Oasis for all intents and purposes) is not all that fond of WTSMG.

Nice try, though....
cool.gif

markl

Um, i don't believe much of what those rock mags state, i know i've read interviews where Noel trashed Be here now, so if hes turning around and bashing WTSMG? as well, i think he hated that period of time, touring wise, cuz his relationship with his brother was heavily strained.

No need to try, its all IMHO, of course.

Jun 30, 2002 at 3:41 AM Post #15 of 58
Noel is a dick but a talented one.

he recently called Kylie (minogue, MINOGUE! sheesh, do americans know who she is?
biggrin.gif
) a "demonic little idiot". lol

Morning Glory and Definitely Maybe are great albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back