Hear me out here
Nov 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

AudioSki

New Head-Fier

Alright now before you guys freak out, just take a second to cool your jets before you reply to my question. I have been looking for portable on ear headphones for a while to use when i'm out of the house and mostly at school. I have my m50s for at home but they are just too bulky and do not look that great as they are huge on my already big head. I want a headphone that REALLY pumps out the bass. I want to be able to feel the power of the bass as I am a bass head and I have in the past switched devices just to get an eq that pushes out a ton of bass. I love the bass on my m50s but I don't wanna have an amp in my pocket at school or wherever so i want a headphone that can deliver huge bass without it. I also am concerned with how i look so they have to be exceptionally good looking. The last thing is I am not worried about the cost as long as its 200 or under as this will be a christmas gift. With all of this in mind do you guys think that the solo hd's would be my best option or is there something out there that will fulfill these needs without being frowned upon by audiophiles everywhere? Thanks for understanding guys, I really do appreciate good audio quality but these just seem to fit my needs so well and I am not purchasing them myself, so they don't seem that evil. 

EDIT: also, I really only listen to hip hop and dubstep (teenagers these days) with a little bit of rock like radiohead and avenged sevenfold but that is only about 5% of the time so if I had to switch to my IEMs or only listen to that at home, i wouldn't even be mad.

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #4 of 13
You know what am I even thinking? Now i'm thinking more clearly about headphones. Forget beats, I'm really considering the ATH-PRO700MK2's. What do you think about these?

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #5 of 13
You know am I even thinking? Now i'm thinking more clearly about headphones. beats, I'm really considering the ATH-PRO700MK2's. What do you think about these?

[size=1.7em] [/size]

I think...you should edit those swear words out of your post. :wink: It's doesn't look very good from here.

Then yes, I would also ask your question in the fullsize section too. You'll probably have more luck. And I agree I think the amounts of bass you want need to come from something fullsize.

http://www.head-fi.org/f/4/headphones-full-size

You could also get Sony XB1000, I've heard they look pretty trendy when worn around campus. :D

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #6 of 13
Or the ATH-WS55BK's. How do these compare? Do they still have the great bass of those other Audio Technicas or maybe a little softer? I would be ok with, considering it's smaller size.

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:
I think...you should edit those swear words out of your post.
wink.gif
It's doesn't look very good from here.
Then yes, I would also ask your question in the fullsize section too. You'll probably have more luck. And I agree I think the amounts of bass you want need to come from something fullsize.
http://www.head-fi.org/f/4/headphones-full-size
You could also get Sony XB1000, I've heard they look pretty trendy when worn around campus.
biggrin.gif

Alright there we go all edited out. I was just so excited about that discovery because I love my M50's but want stronger bass. These are pretty similar just with added bass.

I'll check them out, but do you know anything about those smaller Audio Technica bass heavy headphones that would be considered portable?

Haha yeah those are pretty sweet. I might as well be walking around with pillows strapped to my head.

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #8 of 13
Alright there we go all edited out. I was just so excited about that discovery because I love my M50's but want stronger bass. These are pretty similar just with added bass.

I'll check them out, but do you know anything about those smaller Audio Technica bass heavy headphones that would be considered portable?

Haha yeah those are pretty sweet. I might as well be walking around with pillows strapped to my head.

The boys over in the fullsize section know the ATH-M50 well.

if there's ever an answer to what can provide you more bass in a compact fashion the fullsize section can help you.

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:
Or the ATH-WS55BK's. How do these compare? Do they still have the great bass of those other Audio Technicas or maybe a little softer? I would be ok with, considering it's smaller size.

They do pump out some pretty serious bass, and you might not need an amp either. Even my Clip Zip will make the WS55 go much louder than I would ever listen.

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #13 of 13
I can't resist that $35 price tag though. I'm planning on getting the WS55i's and an 8 GB Sansa Clip which will be a step up from my non-eqed HTC HD7. You think that these will benefit from an E11?

Without going into details to much, I'm not a fan of Sansa products and Achmed knows this. My comment was more a little cheek towards him.

I think for $35 they're great but not for serious listening. For you application it will be fine, throw rockbox on there, enjoy. If I was going to suggest you a player I would say Cowon C2 for $109 on ebay. (more power / 50 hours runtime / Mach3bass) BAM! But really this is another story for another topic discussion. Drop over to portable source gear sometime. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back