Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Jun 1, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #526 of 4,123
X2 on the "deeper bass boost???" (Really :-/ )
X2 on the welcome battery improvements (especially for use with my yet-to-obtain Senn 650s)

And crap. Old is such a relative term with regard to tech, but sure. I'm mildly curious about trading in my ancient, crusty, relic of an Arrow HE12. :wink:

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #527 of 4,123
I wonder what kind of SQ improvements the new "decoupling caps" offer...

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #528 of 4,123

Quote:

Me too. That sq tech goes way beyond my pay grade. :wink:

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #529 of 4,123
I'm quite fond of my current Arrow, and don't think the new improvements would warrant another super-long wait. The wait for my current Arrow already left me drooling and crying every night.

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #530 of 4,123

Quote:
I'm quite fond of my current Arrow, and don't think the new improvements would warrant another super-long wait. The wait for my current Arrow already left me drooling and crying every night.

LOL. I remember your waiting woes, man. Yeah I agree. I'm gonna have to take my upgrade fever pills on this trip.

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #531 of 4,123

Quote:
LOL. I remember your waiting woes, man. Yeah I agree. I'm gonna have to take my upgrade fever pills on this trip.

lol. Yeah. I'm not exactly the most patient person in the world.... I got a set of Audio Technica ATH-M50's last week, and wasn't too impressed with them, since I have Senn IE8's, which, IMO, have a similar sound signature, but sound much better and are much more comfortable to me... So I ended up ordering something different from what I'm used to (Grado SR80i.)

I ordered the Grado's the day after i received the M50's. I just ordered the Grados last week, and have been checking the UPS website several times every day, and have been anxious all weekend, to the point htat my girlfriend is getting annoyed by it... and they STILL don't arrive until tomorrow!! ARRGHH!! lol. =/

You can imagine how anxious I was waiting over a month for the Arrow. I think I'd have some sort of anxiety attack if I had to wait over a month for another Arrow.

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #532 of 4,123
Guys, guys, now don't get jealous, no need to justify your purchase of the OLD Arrow...
Robert talked to me about the new generation about 2 months ago, but told me to keep it secret, so i knew all along...

The price is the same, just more features i guess, he didn't tell me about the improvements back then....

So i'm guessing it won't be much better, just a bit different, like going from one Sony mp3 player generation to a next...

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #533 of 4,123

Quote:
Guys, guys, now don't get jealous, no need to justify your purchase of the OLD Arrow...
Robert talked to me about the new generation about 2 months ago, but told me to keep it secret, so i knew all along...

The price is the same, just more features i guess, he didn't tell me about the improvements back then....

So i'm guessing it won't be much better, just a bit different, like going from one Sony mp3 player generation to a next...

Shauntell, I can't express how much better that makes me feel. 
blink.gif
 More features? IMPOSSIBLE. :wink: 

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #534 of 4,123
I have just ordered a Headstage Arrow HE. The cMOY didn't last long.
wink_face.gif

But I expect this one to be good enough to keep me from upgrading for a while.
Shipping time two weeks was the message I got when paying.

Now I also need good portable headphones. Beyerdynamic T50P might be interesting.

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #535 of 4,123

Quote:

It's usually a noise elimination thing, decoupling the power circuitry from the audio circuitry, for example. But since the Arrow really doesn't have any audible noise to speak of, I think the improvements are only visible to the very very very very trained eye - just like the case "imperfections" I never noticed...

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #536 of 4,123

Quote:
wink_face.gif

Now I also need good portable headphones. Beyerdynamic T50P might be interesting.

I agree. I'm keenly watching for the release of this portable as well, and hoping it will pair well with the Arrow.

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #537 of 4,123

Quote:
It's usually a noise elimination thing, decoupling the power circuitry from the audio circuitry, for example. But since the Arrow really doesn't have any audible noise to speak of, I think the improvements are only visible to the very very very very trained eye - just like the case "imperfections" I never noticed...

Thanks, I feel better now!

Robert is indeed the perfectionist, already improving a great amp that has no noise to my ears, and never any hiss either even with my "hissiest" IEMs.

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #538 of 4,123

Quote:

Thanks, I feel better now!

Robert is indeed the perfectionist, already improving a great amp that has no noise to my ears, and never any hiss either even with my "hissiest" IEMs.

Indeed. This is nothing to throw a hissy fit over. 
confused_face.gif

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #540 of 4,123

Quote:
wink_face.gif

Who said they would ship in two weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back