Headset: Stylish yet Functional
Apr 15, 2013 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NakedPledge

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody. Hope I did post this thing in the correct forum.

Anyways, to kick things off, I just want to ask you guys about what headset should I buy. I prefer a foldable headset too. I'm not really good when it comes to these kind of things so that's the reason why I wanted to consult this forum before I buy. 

Imma use the headset for everyday listening. I listen to classical music and rock songs(not that hardcore though) -- maybe 5 hours a day, I guess? A friend of mine introduced me to Audio Technica aand I tried testing some of them a few days ago. And I guess it's safe to say that I really liked some of them like the M50s but I don't wanna rush things since I'll be using it for the longest of time.

Feel free to add or suggest something that I might consider buying. And if it's not much of a hassle, please do post a picture of your suggestion and why should I consider buying it.

So here are my picks from Audio Technica producs(sorry, I'm only familiar with ATs as of the moment) :frowning2:

ATH-M50 - It's comfy. Sound's great but I feel like it's lacking something. I kinda don't like the oval shape too

ATH-pro500mk - I like the design but I don't like the clamping. Sound is so-so(considering the fact that I'll just use it for listening and not for pro things.

ATH-pro700/mk2 - I dunno if it's just me or it just clamps too hard and the foams are kinda thin compared to the M50s. Since I'm going to use this for everyday listening, I might not enjoy it but I like how the sound is produced. Isolation is also very good in my opinion.

Please do help me and every input will be appreciated. And also, if it's not that much of a trouble, please kind of explain things in an understandable manner since I'm not really familiar with music and sound terms.

Thank you. :)

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #2 of 2
The AKG K167/267 would be a choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back