heads up
Mar 31, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #4 of 12
considering these are film caps i would say they are actually TINY !
cool.gif

i remeber seeing a project posted online some years ago where the power supply electrolytics were replaced with solen fast caps .

talk about HUGE !!! !

The cap box alone was bigger than most power amps and had to be mounted on the floor and this was for a line stage
eek.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 2:15 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
considering these are film caps i would say they are actually TINY !
cool.gif

As I was saying, it's a lot better than what I expected. I've seen a few 10uf 250V film caps in the loca surplus store and they were I'd guess 2-3 cubic inches in volume. You're right, these things are positively tiny in comparison.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:19 AM Post #7 of 12
ESR measured in mW.... I'm not encouraged...

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:22 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by tangent

I think something is wrong with the way your compute displays special characters (something with the font settings). Both the Electronic Product site and the datasheet show milli-ohms here. However, the letter "omega" is also the letter "W". For instance, if I cut the text from the posted sites and paste here: "offer a typical ESR from 5.0 to 14.0 mW and a current-ripple capability" you see the W (because it is converted to text as a head-fi message). Yet, on my computer both the posted sites show the symbol for ohms: omega...

JF

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:33 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

from the datasheet:
"A lower in-place cost is achieved by using
ElectroFilm Capacitors, because 65% fewer capacitors
are generally needed when compared to aluminum
electrolytic capacitors for the same application."

Anyone know if this would hold true in the KGSS or Blue Hawaii power supply? Could make these quite an attractive alternative to Black Gates...

Quote:

Originally posted by tangent

Hmm? The datasheet shows E.S.R. in miliohm @ 1kHz, the web page also uses miliohm, maybe your fonts aren't configured properly for the ohm symbol? The stats look good to me...
rolleyes.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 10:28 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

maybe your fonts aren't configured properly

Looking at the HTML, I see the problem: they're using raw character codes instead of either symbolic names or Unicode character codes. This will only work if your system's fonts use the same character ordering as the page author's. Basically, it's a Windows-ism. Bleh.

[size=xx-small](Spoken by one who has written a bit of HTML in his time....)[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back