Headroom Micro
May 27, 2005 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

digihead

500+ Head-Fier
Got an email today that my Headroom Micro shipped today! One week after ordering. Should hopefully have it on Tuesday. Can't wait to hear how it stacks up against the SR-71 and SuperMacro v3. Will post impressions after giving it a good listen.

May 27, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 13
Congrats! They handed me the stack of three units that went out today. It felt really good to hold the first production amps of our new line. Enjoy!

May 28, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead
Got an email today that my Headroom Micro shipped today! One week after ordering. Should hopefully have it on Tuesday. Can't wait to hear how it stacks up against the SR-71 and SuperMacro v3. Will post impressions after giving it a good listen.

Did you just order the Headroom Micro AMP, or did you order the entire Micro stack: Micro AMP, Micro DAC, and Micro Strap (to hold them all together.)

Great to hear that you will post your impressions, and don't forget to get your Digital Cam ready.
icon10.gif

Thanks!

May 28, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by rab10
Did you just order the Headroom Micro AMP, or did you order the entire Micro stack: Micro AMP, Micro DAC, and Micro Strap (to hold them all together.)

I ordered the Micro stack and just assumed that the Micro strap would be included. I couldn't find a place on the HeadRoom site to order it separately. Did I miss something?

confused.gif

May 28, 2005 at 12:45 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
Congrats! They handed me the stack of three units that went out today. It felt really good to hold the first production amps of our new line. Enjoy!

I feel honored...one of the first three.

Tyll - do you recommend any burn in for the Micro Amp? I know Ray recommends 50 hours for his amps, and Xin recommends 100 hours for the SuperMacro v3, what does HeadRoom recommend for the Micro Amp?

May 28, 2005 at 12:46 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by rab10

Great to hear that you will post your impressions, and don't forget to get your Digital Cam ready.
icon10.gif

Thanks!

I only ordered the Micro Amp. I'm an iPod user, so the Micro DAC wouldn't do me any good.

I'll definitely post some impressions and pics!

May 28, 2005 at 12:55 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead
Tyll - do you recommend any burn in for the Micro Amp?

Sure I do. I think you should turn it on as soon as you get it and don't stop listening for a long, long time.
eggosmile.gif

Seriously, though, It's not that I don't believe things burn in over time---they do---it's just that I don't think it makes THAT big a difference. If there is anything that burns in over time that makes a big difference it's your head adapting to a new sound. My motto is: just enjoy it.

Oh yeah, the strap does not come with the stack. It won't be available for a few months yet.

May 28, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #10 of 13
I can't wait until they start coming in more regularly.. the only reason I haven't ordered one yet is because I don't think I could take the 2-4 week wait. One week wait I could probably deal with though (because I'd have to sell my other amp to finance the purchase of the Micro)..

Lucky my birthday is coming up in a couple weeks-- hopefully I'll get enough to pay for most of the Micro purchase!

May 29, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #13 of 13
Foo, I guess this means having to reorder because of the bugged website did delay my order, bummer
frown.gif
Well, shouldn't be long now I suppose
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back