Headroom Micro DAC .VS. KECES DA-151
Oct 29, 2008 at 3:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

JaymzN

New Head-Fier
I basically feel that the D/A conversion on my M-Audio Transit (or my USB SB X-Fi as well) isn't doing the rest of my listening chain any justice. So I'm looking for a good DAC with USB connectivity and this one really stood out at me.

It looks like I've narrowed down my search to these two, what I'm curious about is whether or not the extra 150 dollars is worth it for the Headroom Micro DAC. I'd imagine the sonic quality of both of these would be very similar?

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #4 of 11
Sure, but there is no direct comparison between them in those threads.

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 11
of course but using both reviews you can get ideas of how each of them respond acoustically and then extrapolate from there some information as to how they would compare. It isn't as good as a direct comparison but it will give you an idea.

imho, I truly don't think you will tell much difference between the two units anyway maybe a slight edge to the micro, they are very similar only the micro has more inputs. If it was the ultra micro dac he was comparing then it would be a different story.

Oct 30, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #6 of 11
I reckon I'm going to go with the KECES, thanks for showing me those reviews (although I should have found them myself
redface.gif
).

Question : What will the best cabling option be for going from the KECES RCA outs into my Littledot's 1/8 Inch audio in?

Nov 3, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by illy2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it was the ultra micro dac he was comparing then it would be a different story.

Since they're on sale now. I'm wondering if I should go for the ultra micro dac. But I feel that it's price is due to it's compact size, and input flexibility. Not so much it's sonic quality?

What does everyone think? Should I go,

KECES DA-151 -> Littledot MKI
(save 200$)

or

Ultra Micro DAC -> Littledot MKI
(pay 200$ extra)

Was planning on making the purchase today, but I really want to wait for advice.

Nov 3, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #10 of 11
Purchase has been made.

1 x HeadRoom Ultra Micro DAC: $499.00
1 x Parikh 1ft mini cable straight ends: $60.00

Hopefully I'll be good to go now
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back