HeadRoom Max DAC Measurements
Dec 16, 2008 at 10:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dept_of_Alchemy

Headphoneus Supremus
I have heard a lot of good things about the HR Max DAC module and I have no reason to doubt that it sounds anything but fantastic, but as an electrical engineer by training I would love to see some graphs elucidating its performance. I figured this would be the perfect forum to ask this question.
wink.gif
Has anyone seen (or produced) FR, noise floor, and jitter measurements of the HeadRoom Max DAC anywhere? Now, I fully understand that measurements don't tell the whole story and I don't want to see this thread turn into another subjectivist versus objectivist flame war, but I think most of us can agree that it is a good thing to have access to measurements along with listening impressions.

- DoA

Dec 16, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard a lot of good things about the HR Max DAC module and I have no reason to doubt that it sounds anything but fantastic, but as an electrical engineer by training I would love to see some graphs elucidating its performance. I figured this would be the perfect forum to ask this question.
wink.gif
Has anyone seen (or produced) FR, noise floor, and jitter measurements of the HeadRoom Max DAC anywhere? Now, I fully understand that measurements don't tell the whole story and I don't want to see this thread turn into another subjectivist versus objectivist flame war, but I think most of us can agree that it is a good thing to have access to measurements along with listening impressions.

- DoA

Stereophile measurements of Desktop with Max Module (old design) and Max DAC (current design):

Stereophile: HeadRoom Desktop D/A headphone amplifier

Dec 16, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 4
This is a topic that we've long desired to address, but we've felt that headphone measurements are more important.

On that front, you'll be glad that we're about a week or so away from our first major rev of the headphone measurements on our site.

The bad news is that it's still probably a little bit down the road before we have measurements of our gear on the site.

Sorry, someday.

Dec 19, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 4
Great, new headphone measurments! Just something else to take me away from doing real work!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back