Headroom Max and power cords
Nov 27, 2002 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

squirt

500+ Head-Fier
Have any of you Max owners tried various types of after market power cords with the Max?
If so, what cords were tried and what effects did they have good or bad.

The PC that came with my Max (original version) looks to be your typical low grade cable and i was thinking of trying other PCs with it...
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 6
I don't have the Max, but I remember someone else asking about this in the HeadRoom Forum. I beleive that Tyll replied and said; the HeadRoom amps draw such a small amount of power that a more expensive power cord probably wouldn't make any significant difference. But, who knows, maybe others have found otherwise.

Nov 28, 2002 at 3:58 AM Post #3 of 6
I use an audioquest ac 15h/s or a monarchy ac-1 power cord and I DO THINK IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. The sound is fuller with either cord but the audioquest is more open, the monarchy smoother. I have a MOH.

Nov 28, 2002 at 8:15 AM Post #5 of 6
I DONT KNOW! I like mit terminator2 and I USE THIS THROUGH MY ENTIRE SYSTEM. I have never found a better interconnect for the price. I have this interconnect connecting my sacd player to the MOH and it is a good match for this amp and my grados.

Nov 28, 2002 at 4:01 PM Post #6 of 6
Considering the improvement my cdp gained from a good power cord, I can't go along w/ Tyll's claims that low power draw automatically negates the need for a good power cord (no offense, Tyll). I use a BPT power cord on the Max right now, but can't really say how it compares to the stock, since I had also added the BPT BP-Jr to the chain at the same time I replaced the power cord. But trying another power cord on the Max is going to be my next experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back