HeadRoom Hosts Headphone Panel at T.H.E. SHOW Newport Beach CA June 2-3
May 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

JorgeC

Sponsor: HeadRoom
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Posts
654
Likes
14
Hello Head-Fiers and Headphone Lovers!
 
HeadRoom will be hosting a headphone panel symposium at T.H.E. SHOW in Newport Beach (Irvine) CA on Saturday June 2 and June 3 featuring some headphone industry types -- and our own Purrin from Head-Fi -- chatting about all manner of headphonia and your favorite headphone topics of interest.
 
In addition to welcoming all audience questions, Purrin (aka Marv Chen) will be discussing his amazing headphone graph matrix system & hp testing process along with conducting what promises to be a totally fun "Guess The Headphones!" graph game. Other panel presenters include Alexander Rosson, president of Audeze Headphones, Michael Mercer from CEntrance DACs (and audio reviewer extraordinaire for The Daily Swarm), along with yours truly and maybe a few other panelist surprises. HeadRoom will also have some freebie giveway raffles for panel audience attendees on both days!
 
Headphone panel time is 11am~12 noon on Saturday June 2 and 1pm~2pm on Sunday June 3. Last year's inaugural Los Angeles T.H.E. SHOW attracted well over 7,000 visitors over the course of the weekend so if you're in the L.A. area please come down and join us for the very best high-end audio has to offer in 2012. Expect two totally groovy side-by-side hotels full of the most enjoyable gear ever presented in greater LA! Lots of easy parking, gourmet food, drinks, and live musical entertainment to boot! .... YAY!
biggrin.gif

 
Cheers,
 
jorge
HeadRoom VP
jorge@headphone.com
 
May 21, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #2 of 36

LFF

Co-Organizer for Can Jam '09
Member of the Trade: Paradox
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Posts
7,055
Likes
261
Awesome!

Congrats to Purrin....
 
Do you think it would be ok to film/record this presentation?
 
 
May 31, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #8 of 36

dyl1dyl

Aka: dercius
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Posts
784
Likes
17
Looking forward to seeing the pics/stories/impressions from this meet. Especially about the new Schiit Gungnir and Mjolnir which I believe are gonna be there :D
 
May 31, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #9 of 36

dercius

Aka: dyl1dyl (who has negative trader feedback)
Joined
May 14, 2012
Posts
45
Likes
10
Wonder if Audez'e bring their studio monitors there. I'm pretty interested in them. Hopefully there'll be some more impressions from this show as the monitors didn't see to get much coverage in the previous shows like RMAF 2011 due to the LCD-3s
 
May 31, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #10 of 36

JorgeC

Sponsor: HeadRoom
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Posts
654
Likes
14
Quote:
Wonder if Audez'e bring their studio monitors there. I'm pretty interested in them. Hopefully there'll be some more impressions from this show as the monitors didn't see to get much coverage in the previous shows like RMAF 2011 due to the LCD-3s

Hi Dercius,
 
Good point... Fwiw, i did get a chance to hear them at RMAF last year and i thought the Audeze monitor speakers sounded awesome. Their 'sweet spot' seemed a bit narrow but i felt they certainly shared tonal similarities with the LCD-3. The monitors presented a very potent, clean sound with great balance and probably the best dynamics i've heard from a small speaker. Looking forward to checking them out again this year (if they bring 'em)....
 
Cheers,
 
jorge
HeadRoom VP
jorge@headphone.com
 
Jun 1, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #11 of 36

dercius

Aka: dyl1dyl (who has negative trader feedback)
Joined
May 14, 2012
Posts
45
Likes
10
Quote:
Hi Dercius,
 
Good point... Fwiw, i did get a chance to hear them at RMAF last year and i thought the Audeze monitor speakers sounded awesome. Their 'sweet spot' seemed a bit narrow but i felt they certainly shared tonal similarities with the LCD-3. The monitors presented a very potent, clean sound with great balance and probably the best dynamics i've heard from a small speaker. Looking forward to checking them out again this year (if they bring 'em)....
 
Cheers,
 
jorge
HeadRoom VP
jorge@headphone.com

 
Hi Jorge,
 
That's great. I'm looking at getting a pair of studio monitors to start doing some recording am was pretty set on the Focal SM9. Will probably wait a bit for the Audez'e monitors before taking the plunge though since I really like the LCD-3 headphones. Looking forward to your impressions and have a great show!
 
Dercius
 
Jun 1, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #12 of 36

dercius

Aka: dyl1dyl (who has negative trader feedback)
Joined
May 14, 2012
Posts
45
Likes
10
Quote:
Hi Dercius,
 
Good point... Fwiw, i did get a chance to hear them at RMAF last year and i thought the Audeze monitor speakers sounded awesome. Their 'sweet spot' seemed a bit narrow but i felt they certainly shared tonal similarities with the LCD-3. The monitors presented a very potent, clean sound with great balance and probably the best dynamics i've heard from a small speaker. Looking forward to checking them out again this year (if they bring 'em)....
 
Cheers,
 
jorge
HeadRoom VP
jorge@headphone.com

 
Hi Jorge,
 
Thanks, looking forward to your impressions. It's basically a toss up for me between these and the Focal SM9 which I've heard and sound great. Just holding out because I really like the LCD-3s and am interested in what Audez'e can bring to the studio monitoring arena. Hope you have a great Show!
 
Dercius
 
Jun 2, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #13 of 36

santacore

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Posts
991
Likes
79
I just got back from the show and Audeze didn't have any speakers displayed, just headphones. The LCD-3's did sound good though!!
 
From what I understand the Audeze speakers are very expensive and a lot more then the Focal's. For another option check out the new Emotiva pro speakers. They are extremely competitively priced and are reported to sound really good.
 
 
Jun 2, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #14 of 36

dercius

Aka: dyl1dyl (who has negative trader feedback)
Joined
May 14, 2012
Posts
45
Likes
10
Quote:
I just got back from the show and Audeze didn't have any speakers displayed, just headphones. The LCD-3's did sound good though!!
 
From what I understand the Audeze speakers are very expensive and a lot more then the Focal's. For another option check out the new Emotiva pro speakers. They are extremely competitively priced and are reported to sound really good.
 

 
Hmm, thats kinda sad. I just talked with my local dealer and it seems it isn't coming out anytime soon. Shouldn't be too much more than the Focal's according to him though. He thinks it'll be about 8000 USD and the Focals are about 7000. Might spring for the Focals, really liked how they sounded when I tried them out. The Emotivas look good but I'm looking for something I can really keep long term and I suspect I'll get very bad upgrade jitters if I buy the relatively "cheap" Emotivas.
 
Jun 2, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #15 of 36

santacore

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Posts
991
Likes
79
I didn't realize that the Focal's you were looking at were in that price range. You're right, the Emotiva's are in a different league. The impression I got was the same as your dealers, that they are not planning to release them very soon. Bummer!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top